Skip to main content

Why This Stop Willoughby?

I suppose you're wondering about the name of this blog. If you're a Twilight Zone fanatic, like me, then you've probably already figured it out. If not, then let me explain it to you. There is an episode of the Twilight Zone called "A Stop At Willoughby". In short, it's about a man named Gart who dreams of peaceful town from 1888 called Willoughby. Everything in Willoughby is perfect and serene and Gart wants more than anything to spend his life there. I won't spoil the ending by telling you what happens, but it's a clever story. I think all of us would like to spend some time in Willoughby now and then.

I don't want you to get the impression that this blog will be about Twilight Zone episodes. It won't. It will be about all the things that make wherever I am and wherever you are a little more fun, a little more colorful, a little more comfortable, a little more Willoughby!

Oh, and if you're interested in finding out what happens to Gart and Willoughby, you can see it on the Sci-Fi Channel on January 1 at 11:00 pm Eastern Time. You know I'll be watching!

Comments

Neat! I haven't watched the Twilight Zone in ages... all I remember is the one about the guy in the plane and the gremlins...scared the CRAP out of me! :)
Unknown said…
What a great start to your foray into the blogging world. Very clever...we are big TZ fans in our household. Unfortunately I will be working all day Thursday so will miss out on most of the marathon. Bummer.
L.B. said…
Great first post! I go to Disneyland and Disneyland's California Adventure a lot, and one of the better rides there is the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. It's freaky! You go on an elevator (which seats about 30 people) in a 1930s Hollywood hotel and then it goes into full Twilight Zone mode as this family who vanished is in front of you and then it drops you from multiple stories up high, all the way down, back up, back down. It's a cool ride!

Popular posts from this blog

Bugging Out

Spring is such a wonderful time of year.  The birds have returned and greet each morning with their lovely songs.  The tree branches are covered with green buds ready to burst into life.  The grass has shed it's yellow/brown pallor in favor of a lovely emerald.  The air is warm and breezy.  It's all so lovely except for one thing.  The bugs. Because of our nearly uninhabitable climate during the winter months, we don't see many bugs from late October through early April.  I almost forget how much I hate them until they come back.  And they know I hate them so they taunt me.  Ever since the thermometer hit the 60 degree mark, we've had flies congregating around the back porch.  I can't sit out there and enjoy my morning coffee without having them buzz past me. Now, flies I hate, but spiders I absolutely loathe.  Friday morning I walked into the bathroom to dry my hair and spotted what I thought was a bumble ...

It's Wednesday, Welcome Back To The Cocktail Party!

Welcome to Willoughby's Blog Style Cocktail Party. I hope you will find some new blogs to follow and expand your circle of blog friends. I know you're all anxious to mingle, so I'll get right to it. I'd like to introduce Deidra from Jumping Tandem .  I know you'll enjoy her blog as much as I do. Keeping It Real.... Deidra I'm an East Coast girl living in the midwest because I love my husband (I call him "H" around here) and his work brought us here. We have been blessed with two amazing children (currently in college) and an empty nest that I absolutely love! Don't get me wrong, I love my kids but they're destined to change the world and they can't do that living under my roof (although they're welcome back anytime for love, prayers, support, encouragement, and of course homecooked meals and clean laundry). Did I mention that H is a pastor? So that makes me the pastor's wife - but don't let that blur your vision. H is...

It's Time For A Giveaway!

I am excited to announce that Novica has, once again given me a $50 gift card to award to one lucky winner.  If you're not familiar with Novica , they work in association with National Geographic to bring the work of talented artists and artisans around the globe to the rest of the world via the internet. Shopping their website is a unique experience as you can view information about each artist along with the works they create.  It gives each item a very personal feeling.  In the Keepers Of The Arts section, you can watch videos of the artists at work. I love Novica so much that I could go on and on telling you how wonderful their website is, what great customer service they have and, especially, how talented the artisans are, but it would be much more fun for you to see for yourself.  Before you head over there, though, let me give you a sneak peak of some of the wonderful things you'll discover (and maybe help you find some unique Christmas gifts). Wool...