Skip to main content

The Bar Isn't Open Yet


Mr. Willoughby and I had such fun with the Long Island Iced Tea drink demo last week that we decided to make it a Friday blog tradition. However, Mr. Willoughby is working late tonight so I don't know when the bar will open. I know you're thinking that I could demo the drinks myself, but I usually shy away from drinking alone (as far as you know). Besides, Mr. Willoughby is a better mixologist than I am. If it gets too late tonight we may have a Saturday drink demo. I didn't want to leave you hanging on a Friday night, though, so I will be posting about tequila.

I know that a lot of people stay away from tequila because it gives them a headache or a bad hangover. In our experience, that doesn't happen as often if you buy a high quality tequila. We're partial to 1800 brand. It's what we usually have on hand. Last weekend we decided to go all out and pick up a bottle of Cabo Wabo. If you're a Sammy Hagar fan you've heard of this brand. Sammy owns the distillery that produces it. It doesn't come cheap, a bottle will set you back about $45. Mr. Willoughby made margaritas with it and says they are the smoothest he's ever had. I only had a sip, so I can't give much of an opinion but I'll take his word for it.

When the Willoughby bar does open, I'm not sure what drink we'll be making. Got any ideas for me? Please add your suggestions in my comments. I'd love to know what drinks you like. And because we've discussed alcohol, I feel I have to say it again. Please drink responsibly. No driving or operating heavy machinery, ok? Cheers!

Humorous side note ~ When I ran a spellcheck on this post, it highlighted the word "mixologist". Among the suggested words was sexologist. Hmmm, interesting.

Comments

I don't have a drink suggestion, but Mr. Tattoos is a bartender, so I'll ask him if he has any interesting drink ideas to share with you. You can have a drink for me tonight, since I'm still nursing. Cheers!!
Gracey said…
I like tequila, but my fiance can't have it. It's not that he doesn't like the taste, but no matter how little he has, it makes him nauseous... and even worse, if you get my drift. Anyway, my favourite drink of all times is Pina Colada - rum, pineapple juice and coconut milk. Cheers!
Raoulysgirl said…
How funny that "mixologist" didn't make the cut, but "sexologist" did! As for drinks...I no longer drink, but back in the day...I LOVED sours! Whiskey sours, amaretto sours...now the thought kind of makes me pucker a little. Whew!
Willoughby said…
Thanks for the ideas, everyone!

Tattoos - It'll be tough, but I'll have a drink for you!

Gracey - I haven't had a Pina Colada in ages! Good idea. What drinks are popular in Greece?

Raoulysgirl - Sours, good idea! I've never had an Amaretto sour. Sounds interesting to mix something so sweet with a sour mixer.
Gracey said…
Willoughby, sorry I didn't see your question later. Well, Greek traditional drinks are ouzo, tsipouro and raki. They are all quite similar, as they are made from the wine residue, are transparent in colour and can have a high (45%) alcohol content. Ouzo is more anise flavoured, but there are many variations.
Lissaloo said…
I have never had any problems with tequila it's the whiskey that gets me :)
Donna-FFW said…
Blackberry brandy gets me .. as far as what to drink,, I can down the 7&7s like water.. at least I used to. Now, I change with the wind, in the summer however I am a mojito babe!
Gracey said…
Ok, of course it is "sorry I didn't answer your question *EARLIER*", not later...
Unknown said…
We usually don't have hard liquor in the house...hubby doesn't drink much (occassional beer) and I like my red wine. That said, however, I sure was enjoying all the rum concoctions they served up in Jamaica! Yummy!

Popular posts from this blog

Bugging Out

Spring is such a wonderful time of year.  The birds have returned and greet each morning with their lovely songs.  The tree branches are covered with green buds ready to burst into life.  The grass has shed it's yellow/brown pallor in favor of a lovely emerald.  The air is warm and breezy.  It's all so lovely except for one thing.  The bugs. Because of our nearly uninhabitable climate during the winter months, we don't see many bugs from late October through early April.  I almost forget how much I hate them until they come back.  And they know I hate them so they taunt me.  Ever since the thermometer hit the 60 degree mark, we've had flies congregating around the back porch.  I can't sit out there and enjoy my morning coffee without having them buzz past me. Now, flies I hate, but spiders I absolutely loathe.  Friday morning I walked into the bathroom to dry my hair and spotted what I thought was a bumble ...

It's Wednesday, Welcome Back To The Cocktail Party!

Welcome to Willoughby's Blog Style Cocktail Party. I hope you will find some new blogs to follow and expand your circle of blog friends. I know you're all anxious to mingle, so I'll get right to it. I'd like to introduce Deidra from Jumping Tandem .  I know you'll enjoy her blog as much as I do. Keeping It Real.... Deidra I'm an East Coast girl living in the midwest because I love my husband (I call him "H" around here) and his work brought us here. We have been blessed with two amazing children (currently in college) and an empty nest that I absolutely love! Don't get me wrong, I love my kids but they're destined to change the world and they can't do that living under my roof (although they're welcome back anytime for love, prayers, support, encouragement, and of course homecooked meals and clean laundry). Did I mention that H is a pastor? So that makes me the pastor's wife - but don't let that blur your vision. H is...

It's Time For A Giveaway!

I am excited to announce that Novica has, once again given me a $50 gift card to award to one lucky winner.  If you're not familiar with Novica , they work in association with National Geographic to bring the work of talented artists and artisans around the globe to the rest of the world via the internet. Shopping their website is a unique experience as you can view information about each artist along with the works they create.  It gives each item a very personal feeling.  In the Keepers Of The Arts section, you can watch videos of the artists at work. I love Novica so much that I could go on and on telling you how wonderful their website is, what great customer service they have and, especially, how talented the artisans are, but it would be much more fun for you to see for yourself.  Before you head over there, though, let me give you a sneak peak of some of the wonderful things you'll discover (and maybe help you find some unique Christmas gifts). Wool...