Skip to main content

Dessert For Two!

With Valentines Day just around the corner, I wanted to share an indulgent dessert recipe. I've scaled it down to make two servings, so it's a perfect ending for your romantic Valentines Day dinner. It has alcohol in it, so it's for adults only. If you're the type who waits until the last minute to do things like this, this recipe is perfect for you. It only takes about 10 minutes from start to finish and you probably have most of the ingredients already.

Kahlua Mousse


Before you gather your ingredients together, place a bowl and beaters in the refrigerator to chill. Now you'll need 1 cup heavy cream, 1 ounce Kahlua, 2 teaspoons of instant coffee powder (I grind instant coffee crystals in my spice grinder to make powder), and 1/4 cup sugar. Remove the bowl from the refrigerator and dump all of your ingredients in together. Yes, take the beaters out first! Now beat the mixture on high speed until it becomes stiff. Don't go crazy with this step or you'll end up with Kahlua butter instead of Kahlua mousse! You should stop beating when stiff peaks form in the bowl and/or on the end of the beaters (see the last picture in the block to see what I mean).
Now, decide how you want to serve it. You can put it in a pastry bag without a tip and pipe it into wine glasses, that looks very nice. Or you can pipe it into bowls, also nice. You could put it in one large bowl and use it as a dip for strawberries. You could top it with whipped cream and shaved chocolate. Still want more ideas? You can serve it over pound cake, ice cream, chocolate cream pie, vanilla wafers.....use your imagination!

Or, if you're like me, you've pulled a muscle in your back which you've made worse by standing at the counter using the hand mixer and taking pictures for your blog so you can't bend over to get the pastry bag out of the drawer and you just plop it in a wine glass and put a spoon in it!
A few quick tips ~ Although I haven't tried it, I think this recipe would be just as good with any liqueur that you like. Amaretto or Irish Cream would be good choices. Also, this will hold well in the refrigerator for a day or so without losing it's body or moussiness.
Enjoy!

Comments

Heidi said…
I love kahlua! I am going to have to buy some cream at the grocery store and try this. It can be my Valentines treat to myself :)
Willoughby said…
I hope you like it! It's so easy to make.
Lissaloo said…
This sounds like a great (& easy, my favorite) dessert. Now go rest that back! :)
ChristineM said…
Aw, too bad...hubby doesn't like kahlua....Guess I'll be having dessert for ONE! Hehehe! Sounds yummy!!! Thanks for sharing!
thamesarino said…
oh yummy! I think that we will be having these as well! : )

easy is always good right!

Popular posts from this blog

Bugging Out

Spring is such a wonderful time of year.  The birds have returned and greet each morning with their lovely songs.  The tree branches are covered with green buds ready to burst into life.  The grass has shed it's yellow/brown pallor in favor of a lovely emerald.  The air is warm and breezy.  It's all so lovely except for one thing.  The bugs. Because of our nearly uninhabitable climate during the winter months, we don't see many bugs from late October through early April.  I almost forget how much I hate them until they come back.  And they know I hate them so they taunt me.  Ever since the thermometer hit the 60 degree mark, we've had flies congregating around the back porch.  I can't sit out there and enjoy my morning coffee without having them buzz past me. Now, flies I hate, but spiders I absolutely loathe.  Friday morning I walked into the bathroom to dry my hair and spotted what I thought was a bumble ...

It's Wednesday, Welcome Back To The Cocktail Party!

Welcome to Willoughby's Blog Style Cocktail Party. I hope you will find some new blogs to follow and expand your circle of blog friends. I know you're all anxious to mingle, so I'll get right to it. I'd like to introduce Deidra from Jumping Tandem .  I know you'll enjoy her blog as much as I do. Keeping It Real.... Deidra I'm an East Coast girl living in the midwest because I love my husband (I call him "H" around here) and his work brought us here. We have been blessed with two amazing children (currently in college) and an empty nest that I absolutely love! Don't get me wrong, I love my kids but they're destined to change the world and they can't do that living under my roof (although they're welcome back anytime for love, prayers, support, encouragement, and of course homecooked meals and clean laundry). Did I mention that H is a pastor? So that makes me the pastor's wife - but don't let that blur your vision. H is...

It's Time For A Giveaway!

I am excited to announce that Novica has, once again given me a $50 gift card to award to one lucky winner.  If you're not familiar with Novica , they work in association with National Geographic to bring the work of talented artists and artisans around the globe to the rest of the world via the internet. Shopping their website is a unique experience as you can view information about each artist along with the works they create.  It gives each item a very personal feeling.  In the Keepers Of The Arts section, you can watch videos of the artists at work. I love Novica so much that I could go on and on telling you how wonderful their website is, what great customer service they have and, especially, how talented the artisans are, but it would be much more fun for you to see for yourself.  Before you head over there, though, let me give you a sneak peak of some of the wonderful things you'll discover (and maybe help you find some unique Christmas gifts). Wool...