Skip to main content

Another Award!!

A great big thank you to Lissaloo and Gracey for giving me this award! I'm having so much fun reading and writing blogs, but the awards are the icing on the cake.




The rules for accepting this award are:
  1. Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.
  2. Show the 7 winners names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with "Honest Scrap."
  3. List at least 10 honest things about yourself.

Number 1 is the hardest part of accepting an award. I love all of my buddy's blogs, so I hate to choose only 7! But since I must follow the rules, I am awarding this honor to (in alphabetical order):

  1. A dash of life
  2. Muddy Runner
  3. My Tasty Treasures
  4. One Step at a Time
  5. Tattoos and Teething Rings
  6. The 5th Sister
  7. Tried and True Cooking With Heidi
  8. Walking Across America
  9. Who Has the Thyme?
  10. Yesterday's Tomorrow

Ok, I cheated! I'm passing the award to 10 people and listing 7 honest things about myself. I can do that, can't I? It still equals 17, so I'm going with it!

  1. My favorite color is purple. It has been as long as I can remember.
  2. As a result of numerous ear infections when I was younger, I have limited hearing in my right ear.
  3. I've lived in the suburbs, the city, and now in a small town.
  4. I pierced my ears myself. I had the first set (one per ear) professionally done. When multiple pierced ears became popular, I added one more piercing to one ear and two to the other. I did it during a lecture in science class in high school.
  5. I hate doing laundry. I do it, but I hate it.
  6. When I get really tired I often hallucinate.
  7. I hate having my picture taken. With the exception of my driver's license and a few family photos I was forced into, I haven't let anyone take my picture in almost 10 years.



Comments

Unknown said…
Aw, gee thanks! I've enjoyed blogging. It has made me look at things from a fresh and honest perspective. I appreciate your nomination!
Thank you! This is so much fun.
Donna-FFW said…
Thank you for thinking of me. I love learning things about our fellow bloggers. I am sooo with you on the laundry and picture thing. I do it, but I hate both.
After visiting your blog yesterday and hearing the music. I had my son in Dallas put music on my blog. I didn't know that was possible. Your blog is awesome!! Now my blog has improved because of yours. See-ya Forrest
Lissaloo said…
Great list! Except for #1 we are long lost twins! Thanks for the Award :)
Heidi said…
Thanks so much for giving me another award!! I will post it tomorrow when my little one is napping :)

Popular posts from this blog

Bugging Out

Spring is such a wonderful time of year.  The birds have returned and greet each morning with their lovely songs.  The tree branches are covered with green buds ready to burst into life.  The grass has shed it's yellow/brown pallor in favor of a lovely emerald.  The air is warm and breezy.  It's all so lovely except for one thing.  The bugs. Because of our nearly uninhabitable climate during the winter months, we don't see many bugs from late October through early April.  I almost forget how much I hate them until they come back.  And they know I hate them so they taunt me.  Ever since the thermometer hit the 60 degree mark, we've had flies congregating around the back porch.  I can't sit out there and enjoy my morning coffee without having them buzz past me. Now, flies I hate, but spiders I absolutely loathe.  Friday morning I walked into the bathroom to dry my hair and spotted what I thought was a bumble ...

It's Wednesday, Welcome Back To The Cocktail Party!

Welcome to Willoughby's Blog Style Cocktail Party. I hope you will find some new blogs to follow and expand your circle of blog friends. I know you're all anxious to mingle, so I'll get right to it. I'd like to introduce Deidra from Jumping Tandem .  I know you'll enjoy her blog as much as I do. Keeping It Real.... Deidra I'm an East Coast girl living in the midwest because I love my husband (I call him "H" around here) and his work brought us here. We have been blessed with two amazing children (currently in college) and an empty nest that I absolutely love! Don't get me wrong, I love my kids but they're destined to change the world and they can't do that living under my roof (although they're welcome back anytime for love, prayers, support, encouragement, and of course homecooked meals and clean laundry). Did I mention that H is a pastor? So that makes me the pastor's wife - but don't let that blur your vision. H is...

It's Time For A Giveaway!

I am excited to announce that Novica has, once again given me a $50 gift card to award to one lucky winner.  If you're not familiar with Novica , they work in association with National Geographic to bring the work of talented artists and artisans around the globe to the rest of the world via the internet. Shopping their website is a unique experience as you can view information about each artist along with the works they create.  It gives each item a very personal feeling.  In the Keepers Of The Arts section, you can watch videos of the artists at work. I love Novica so much that I could go on and on telling you how wonderful their website is, what great customer service they have and, especially, how talented the artisans are, but it would be much more fun for you to see for yourself.  Before you head over there, though, let me give you a sneak peak of some of the wonderful things you'll discover (and maybe help you find some unique Christmas gifts). Wool...