Skip to main content

Birthday Night Drink Demo



I don't usually share a drink demo in the middle of the week, that's reserved for Friday. However, Mr. Willoughby, in honor of my birthday, has created a new drink. The ingredients should look familiar if you saw last Friday's post, but the amounts and the technique have changed. When made correctly you will have a blue drink with a purple bottom. What did Mr. Willoughby name his new creation? Bikini Bottom, of course! Here it is:


You should recognize our cast of characters.

For each Bikini Bottom you will need: 2 oz. light rum, 3 oz. coconut rum, 1 oz. blue curacao, 6 oz. 7-Up, a drizzle of grenadine and ice. In a cocktail shaker,mix all ingredients except grenadine and ice. Gently stir, do not shake! Pour into glass over ice. Drizzle a small amount of grenadine on top, do not stir. It will sink to the bottom of the glass causing the bottom portion of the drink to turn purple. I did my best to capture this with my camera, but the flash makes it difficult to see. Here it is anyway:

And now a close up:



Please enjoy your Bikini Bottom responsibly!


Comments

Donna-FFW said…
Love the two tone look and I adore the name of the drink.. MEN!!
Raoulysgirl said…
That looks BEAUTIFUL! I love the name, too! Good job, Mr. W.
Gracey said…
Great idea and yes, the name made me giggle!
Unknown said…
It's settled then...you and Mr. Willoughby get to man the bar at my virtual "Open Deck" party!
Lissaloo said…
What a fun drink!

Popular posts from this blog

Bugging Out

Spring is such a wonderful time of year.  The birds have returned and greet each morning with their lovely songs.  The tree branches are covered with green buds ready to burst into life.  The grass has shed it's yellow/brown pallor in favor of a lovely emerald.  The air is warm and breezy.  It's all so lovely except for one thing.  The bugs. Because of our nearly uninhabitable climate during the winter months, we don't see many bugs from late October through early April.  I almost forget how much I hate them until they come back.  And they know I hate them so they taunt me.  Ever since the thermometer hit the 60 degree mark, we've had flies congregating around the back porch.  I can't sit out there and enjoy my morning coffee without having them buzz past me. Now, flies I hate, but spiders I absolutely loathe.  Friday morning I walked into the bathroom to dry my hair and spotted what I thought was a bumble ...

It's Wednesday, Welcome Back To The Cocktail Party!

Welcome to Willoughby's Blog Style Cocktail Party. I hope you will find some new blogs to follow and expand your circle of blog friends. I know you're all anxious to mingle, so I'll get right to it. I'd like to introduce Deidra from Jumping Tandem .  I know you'll enjoy her blog as much as I do. Keeping It Real.... Deidra I'm an East Coast girl living in the midwest because I love my husband (I call him "H" around here) and his work brought us here. We have been blessed with two amazing children (currently in college) and an empty nest that I absolutely love! Don't get me wrong, I love my kids but they're destined to change the world and they can't do that living under my roof (although they're welcome back anytime for love, prayers, support, encouragement, and of course homecooked meals and clean laundry). Did I mention that H is a pastor? So that makes me the pastor's wife - but don't let that blur your vision. H is...

It's Time For A Giveaway!

I am excited to announce that Novica has, once again given me a $50 gift card to award to one lucky winner.  If you're not familiar with Novica , they work in association with National Geographic to bring the work of talented artists and artisans around the globe to the rest of the world via the internet. Shopping their website is a unique experience as you can view information about each artist along with the works they create.  It gives each item a very personal feeling.  In the Keepers Of The Arts section, you can watch videos of the artists at work. I love Novica so much that I could go on and on telling you how wonderful their website is, what great customer service they have and, especially, how talented the artisans are, but it would be much more fun for you to see for yourself.  Before you head over there, though, let me give you a sneak peak of some of the wonderful things you'll discover (and maybe help you find some unique Christmas gifts). Wool...