Skip to main content

It's Mexican Night and The Bar Is Open

It's late, I know, but I'm finally posting my Friday Night Drink Demo. It was Mexican night at the Willoughby house, so we decided on Blue Dolphin Margaritas to go along with our Cheesy Chicken Quesadillas. I'll include the recipe for those, too.


Blue Dolphin Margaritas

Just so you know, there are no actual dolphins in this drink. What makes them blue is Blue Curacao. If you have to ask for it at your local liquor store it's pronounced kur-ah-sow. I don't wan't you to make a fool of yourself and mispronounce it! Ready to begin? Let's go!


Here's what you'll need for a pitcher of Blue Dolphin Margaritas, go get them.




Place 2 cups of ice, 1 cup of frozen limeade, 1 cup of Blue Curacao, 1 cup of Tequila, and 1/2 cup Triple Sec into the pitcher of a blender. Blend until ice is completely crushed. Pour into salt rimmed margarita glasses and .............




Enjoy!



Cheesy Chicken Quesadillas

  • 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
  • 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
  • 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
  • 8 flour tortillas
  • diced jalapeno peppers
  • salsa
  • sour cream


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place four flour tortillas on two large ungreased cookie sheets (that's two tortillas per cookie sheet). Cover each tortillas with 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup cooked and shredded chicken, and 1 tablespoon diced jalapeno peppers. Place remaining flour tortillas over cheese/chicken mixture. Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is completely melted. Remove from oven and cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges with a pizza cutter. Serve with sour cream and salsa.

Comments

Donna-FFW said…
Can I just say I LOVE your friday might drink times?? I love the blue drink. I used to drink them in college al the imte.. we called them Blue Hawaiians. I have to try your version. This is the best post, these fri night drink posts:)
Gracey said…
Wow, they look fantastic! I have tried the "Blue Hawaiians" too! I'll try this version as well.
Unknown said…
Dang! I missed Mexican Night? The margarita looks and sounds "heavenly". What a way to cap off your week!
Lissaloo said…
Yum! I love the blue drinks! You have such great recipes!
Willoughby said…
I'm glad you're all enjoying the Friday Night Drinks! We have so much fun coming up with recipes to try. I think what makes the Blue Dolphin different from a Blue Hawaiian is that it doesn't contain pineapple juice. I'll have to look it up to be sure.
Yummmmmm, I'm on my way over...
Hi, Willoughby, thank you for stopping by! I'm so glad you found me & saw your challenge for finding new blogs, so I'm so happy you deemed me worthy to follow. Thank you so much. I'm always up to some fun things, so I hope you'll come back & visit me often.
Willoughby said…
Rhoda, I love your blog, I could spend all day there! I'd like to share it with my blog friends, I think they would enjoy it, too.

Popular posts from this blog

Bugging Out

Spring is such a wonderful time of year.  The birds have returned and greet each morning with their lovely songs.  The tree branches are covered with green buds ready to burst into life.  The grass has shed it's yellow/brown pallor in favor of a lovely emerald.  The air is warm and breezy.  It's all so lovely except for one thing.  The bugs. Because of our nearly uninhabitable climate during the winter months, we don't see many bugs from late October through early April.  I almost forget how much I hate them until they come back.  And they know I hate them so they taunt me.  Ever since the thermometer hit the 60 degree mark, we've had flies congregating around the back porch.  I can't sit out there and enjoy my morning coffee without having them buzz past me. Now, flies I hate, but spiders I absolutely loathe.  Friday morning I walked into the bathroom to dry my hair and spotted what I thought was a bumble ...

It's Wednesday, Welcome Back To The Cocktail Party!

Welcome to Willoughby's Blog Style Cocktail Party. I hope you will find some new blogs to follow and expand your circle of blog friends. I know you're all anxious to mingle, so I'll get right to it. I'd like to introduce Deidra from Jumping Tandem .  I know you'll enjoy her blog as much as I do. Keeping It Real.... Deidra I'm an East Coast girl living in the midwest because I love my husband (I call him "H" around here) and his work brought us here. We have been blessed with two amazing children (currently in college) and an empty nest that I absolutely love! Don't get me wrong, I love my kids but they're destined to change the world and they can't do that living under my roof (although they're welcome back anytime for love, prayers, support, encouragement, and of course homecooked meals and clean laundry). Did I mention that H is a pastor? So that makes me the pastor's wife - but don't let that blur your vision. H is...

It's Time For A Giveaway!

I am excited to announce that Novica has, once again given me a $50 gift card to award to one lucky winner.  If you're not familiar with Novica , they work in association with National Geographic to bring the work of talented artists and artisans around the globe to the rest of the world via the internet. Shopping their website is a unique experience as you can view information about each artist along with the works they create.  It gives each item a very personal feeling.  In the Keepers Of The Arts section, you can watch videos of the artists at work. I love Novica so much that I could go on and on telling you how wonderful their website is, what great customer service they have and, especially, how talented the artisans are, but it would be much more fun for you to see for yourself.  Before you head over there, though, let me give you a sneak peak of some of the wonderful things you'll discover (and maybe help you find some unique Christmas gifts). Wool...