Skip to main content

Cocomochachino Shakes

The kids wanted milk shakes this evening, so I made some. While I had all the ingredients out, I made a few grown up shakes for Mr. Willoughby and myself. They were great enjoyed indoors on a cool day, but they would be fabulous on a sweltering summer day. This recipe yields two to three shakes, depending on how much milk you add.



Cocomochachino Shake


  • 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened

  • milk

  • 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup

  • 2 tablespoons instant coffee powder

  • 1 ounce coconut rum

  • 1 ounce Kahlua

  • whipped cream

Add vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup, coffee powder, coconut rum and Kahlua to blender along with a small amount of milk. Blend on high speed for 30 seconds, check consistency. Add more milk if necessary and blend again. Repeat if a thinner consistency is desired. Pour into glasses. Top with whipped cream.


Enjoy responsibly!

Comments

Heidi said…
These look so good! You always post great drink ideas. I'm not that creative.
Lissaloo said…
Yummy, this sound so good :) We had snow this morning, so I will have to wait for a warmer day :)
Raoulysgirl said…
Oh, good Lord...I could DEFINITELY use one of those right now!!! Can you email one to me??? PLEASE?????
Donna-FFW said…
My freaking goodness does this ever look delicious. You are the friday night drink queen and with this drink , you are my idol!

Popular posts from this blog

Bugging Out

Spring is such a wonderful time of year.  The birds have returned and greet each morning with their lovely songs.  The tree branches are covered with green buds ready to burst into life.  The grass has shed it's yellow/brown pallor in favor of a lovely emerald.  The air is warm and breezy.  It's all so lovely except for one thing.  The bugs. Because of our nearly uninhabitable climate during the winter months, we don't see many bugs from late October through early April.  I almost forget how much I hate them until they come back.  And they know I hate them so they taunt me.  Ever since the thermometer hit the 60 degree mark, we've had flies congregating around the back porch.  I can't sit out there and enjoy my morning coffee without having them buzz past me. Now, flies I hate, but spiders I absolutely loathe.  Friday morning I walked into the bathroom to dry my hair and spotted what I thought was a bumble ...

It's Wednesday, Welcome Back To The Cocktail Party!

Welcome to Willoughby's Blog Style Cocktail Party. I hope you will find some new blogs to follow and expand your circle of blog friends. I know you're all anxious to mingle, so I'll get right to it. I'd like to introduce Deidra from Jumping Tandem .  I know you'll enjoy her blog as much as I do. Keeping It Real.... Deidra I'm an East Coast girl living in the midwest because I love my husband (I call him "H" around here) and his work brought us here. We have been blessed with two amazing children (currently in college) and an empty nest that I absolutely love! Don't get me wrong, I love my kids but they're destined to change the world and they can't do that living under my roof (although they're welcome back anytime for love, prayers, support, encouragement, and of course homecooked meals and clean laundry). Did I mention that H is a pastor? So that makes me the pastor's wife - but don't let that blur your vision. H is...

It's Time For A Giveaway!

I am excited to announce that Novica has, once again given me a $50 gift card to award to one lucky winner.  If you're not familiar with Novica , they work in association with National Geographic to bring the work of talented artists and artisans around the globe to the rest of the world via the internet. Shopping their website is a unique experience as you can view information about each artist along with the works they create.  It gives each item a very personal feeling.  In the Keepers Of The Arts section, you can watch videos of the artists at work. I love Novica so much that I could go on and on telling you how wonderful their website is, what great customer service they have and, especially, how talented the artisans are, but it would be much more fun for you to see for yourself.  Before you head over there, though, let me give you a sneak peak of some of the wonderful things you'll discover (and maybe help you find some unique Christmas gifts). Wool...