Skip to main content

A Fun Kid Friendly Project

The kids are home from school this week for spring break. The weather hasn't been very spring like so my daughter and I have been looking for things to do indoors. Today while we were playing with her Barbie dolls, we decided to make a story. We used the digital camera to photograph each part and then used Photoscape (free photo editing software) to add bubbles with text.








Next time we'll be a little more creative and make the story a little longer. It was a lot of fun, I highly recommend this project!

Comments

What a great idea! This is definitely something we will be doing soon, thanks for the tip!
Raoulysgirl said…
What a great idea!!!

Unfortunately, my oldest detests Barbies...she's a tomboy.

While my youngest LOVES all things girly (especially Barbie), she's not quite into the whole computer thing.

I will keep this in mind, though...when she gets a little older!!!
Donna-FFW said…
This sounds like a fantastic project for them.. Thanks for sharing this idea.
Unknown said…
Funny! All pet shop employees should look so good! LOL! I think this is a wonderful idea and something my son might enjoy using his "webkins".
Heidi said…
My girls out love this! Great idea. You are a nice mom :)
Lissaloo said…
lol, my girls are gonna love this! I can't wait til they get home so I can show them :)
What a fun idea :)
Debbie said…
hahahaaa....too funny!!
L.B. said…
Oh wow, I can have some fun with this. Thanks for the great idea.

Popular posts from this blog

Bugging Out

Spring is such a wonderful time of year.  The birds have returned and greet each morning with their lovely songs.  The tree branches are covered with green buds ready to burst into life.  The grass has shed it's yellow/brown pallor in favor of a lovely emerald.  The air is warm and breezy.  It's all so lovely except for one thing.  The bugs. Because of our nearly uninhabitable climate during the winter months, we don't see many bugs from late October through early April.  I almost forget how much I hate them until they come back.  And they know I hate them so they taunt me.  Ever since the thermometer hit the 60 degree mark, we've had flies congregating around the back porch.  I can't sit out there and enjoy my morning coffee without having them buzz past me. Now, flies I hate, but spiders I absolutely loathe.  Friday morning I walked into the bathroom to dry my hair and spotted what I thought was a bumble ...

It's Wednesday, Welcome Back To The Cocktail Party!

Welcome to Willoughby's Blog Style Cocktail Party. I hope you will find some new blogs to follow and expand your circle of blog friends. I know you're all anxious to mingle, so I'll get right to it. I'd like to introduce Deidra from Jumping Tandem .  I know you'll enjoy her blog as much as I do. Keeping It Real.... Deidra I'm an East Coast girl living in the midwest because I love my husband (I call him "H" around here) and his work brought us here. We have been blessed with two amazing children (currently in college) and an empty nest that I absolutely love! Don't get me wrong, I love my kids but they're destined to change the world and they can't do that living under my roof (although they're welcome back anytime for love, prayers, support, encouragement, and of course homecooked meals and clean laundry). Did I mention that H is a pastor? So that makes me the pastor's wife - but don't let that blur your vision. H is...

It's Time For A Giveaway!

I am excited to announce that Novica has, once again given me a $50 gift card to award to one lucky winner.  If you're not familiar with Novica , they work in association with National Geographic to bring the work of talented artists and artisans around the globe to the rest of the world via the internet. Shopping their website is a unique experience as you can view information about each artist along with the works they create.  It gives each item a very personal feeling.  In the Keepers Of The Arts section, you can watch videos of the artists at work. I love Novica so much that I could go on and on telling you how wonderful their website is, what great customer service they have and, especially, how talented the artisans are, but it would be much more fun for you to see for yourself.  Before you head over there, though, let me give you a sneak peak of some of the wonderful things you'll discover (and maybe help you find some unique Christmas gifts). Wool...