Skip to main content

Score!

It's Sunday again, so you know what that means. That's right, the flea market! I got some great goodies today. Wanna see?


Yes, it's another candle holder. Yes, I already have dozens and dozens of them, you don't have a problem with that, do you? I didn't think so! This guy caught my attention right away. He was at the second booth from the entrance along with a lot of other great stuff. He's rustic and rusty and I absolutely love him. I didn't even negotiate the price because he was only $3. Doesn't he make a fantastic guard for the hydrangea? I can't wait to put a candle in him tonight!


If you're a reader, you know expensive hard cover books can be. The original price of this book was $28.95. I got it for $2 and it's in perfect condition. Score!


My daughter got the cutest kids' baking set for $3. It has a cookie sheet, spatula, whisk, tart pans and some other stuff. The whole set was brand new and unused, still shrink wrapped inside the box. I'm not sure who loves it more, her or me!

She also got two Beanie Babies for $1 each and a Gameboy game for $5. She scored big!


The produce was fantastic today, too. These blueberries were just calling my name. The bowl they're in is a flea market bargain from last year. It was 25 cents and I love it.

After we got home, I was sitting in the back yard enjoying the sun when I spotted a special visitor on the lilacs.




Isn't she beautiful? I hope she comes back to visit again soon.
Happy Sunday, everyone, I hope you're enjoying your day as much as I'm enjoying mine!

Comments

Gracey said…
I loved your findings, and this post in general. It made me wish I was there, in your garden, enjoying the atmosphere, the sounds, the smell of flowers and a talk with you! :)
Lissaloo said…
What great finds! I love the bunny, he looks perfect there, and the berries...yum! :)
Chicago Mom said…
I love flea markets too; you got some great stuff for great prices. I don't get to go too often because there aren't any super close to us and our five year old gets very bored very quickly. >sigh< I will live vicariously through you!
Purple Flowers said…
You raked in the bargains again; good for you!! I love the blueberry bowl from last year; so simple and sweet. I hope that butterfuly returns. I also have a lilac bush, and I'm hoping I get a butterfly soon. Hoe yours returns!
Unknown said…
What a wonderful way to spend your Sunday! Can't wait until the local market opens up (next week, I think)
ChristineM said…
Great post! Now I've got that flea market craving!

Nice deal on the book! I loved "The Talisman" by King/Straub - one of my favorites!
abby jenkins said…
I want to see a picture of the bunny at nite! that baking set might be the cutest thing I have ever seen, what a score!

Popular posts from this blog

Bugging Out

Spring is such a wonderful time of year.  The birds have returned and greet each morning with their lovely songs.  The tree branches are covered with green buds ready to burst into life.  The grass has shed it's yellow/brown pallor in favor of a lovely emerald.  The air is warm and breezy.  It's all so lovely except for one thing.  The bugs. Because of our nearly uninhabitable climate during the winter months, we don't see many bugs from late October through early April.  I almost forget how much I hate them until they come back.  And they know I hate them so they taunt me.  Ever since the thermometer hit the 60 degree mark, we've had flies congregating around the back porch.  I can't sit out there and enjoy my morning coffee without having them buzz past me. Now, flies I hate, but spiders I absolutely loathe.  Friday morning I walked into the bathroom to dry my hair and spotted what I thought was a bumble ...

It's Wednesday, Welcome Back To The Cocktail Party!

Welcome to Willoughby's Blog Style Cocktail Party. I hope you will find some new blogs to follow and expand your circle of blog friends. I know you're all anxious to mingle, so I'll get right to it. I'd like to introduce Deidra from Jumping Tandem .  I know you'll enjoy her blog as much as I do. Keeping It Real.... Deidra I'm an East Coast girl living in the midwest because I love my husband (I call him "H" around here) and his work brought us here. We have been blessed with two amazing children (currently in college) and an empty nest that I absolutely love! Don't get me wrong, I love my kids but they're destined to change the world and they can't do that living under my roof (although they're welcome back anytime for love, prayers, support, encouragement, and of course homecooked meals and clean laundry). Did I mention that H is a pastor? So that makes me the pastor's wife - but don't let that blur your vision. H is...

It's Time For A Giveaway!

I am excited to announce that Novica has, once again given me a $50 gift card to award to one lucky winner.  If you're not familiar with Novica , they work in association with National Geographic to bring the work of talented artists and artisans around the globe to the rest of the world via the internet. Shopping their website is a unique experience as you can view information about each artist along with the works they create.  It gives each item a very personal feeling.  In the Keepers Of The Arts section, you can watch videos of the artists at work. I love Novica so much that I could go on and on telling you how wonderful their website is, what great customer service they have and, especially, how talented the artisans are, but it would be much more fun for you to see for yourself.  Before you head over there, though, let me give you a sneak peak of some of the wonderful things you'll discover (and maybe help you find some unique Christmas gifts). Wool...