Skip to main content

Happy Birthday And An Update




It's late, but it's still July 23rd for another half hour, so I want to wish Purple Hoodie Chick a very happy 17th birthday! She wasn't around the Willoughby house today so we'll be celebrating her birthday on Sunday with some good food and a chocolate birthday cake.


An Update

In case you haven't noticed, I haven't been around much lately. Remember those yard projects I said we would be working on? Well, we're still working on them. Hopefully we'll be done by the weekend and I can get back to my blog. In the meantime, I know I'm missing out on some great posts and contests by my favorite bloggers. I'll catch up with all of you soon as I'm not knee deep in dirt!

Comments

Unknown said…
Happy Belated Birthday Purple Hoodie Chick...and many happy returns!
Donna-FFW said…
Have noticed your absence, miss ya. Cant wait to hear the results of your yard work.
ChristineM said…
Happy Birthday, Purple Hoodie Chick!!
Chicago Mom said…
Happy b-day PHC! We miss you Willoughby, but we can't wait to see the yard project. Good luck with it!
Deidra said…
Happy Birthday, Chickie!
BashfulToast said…
Thank you everyone who posted happy birthday! And I have missed your post. It only we had one of those tractors! We would be done by now!
Purple Flowers said…
My younger brother had one of those trucks when he was a kid, only ALOT smaller. :)
Good luck w/your project!
L.B. said…
Happy Birthday, purple hoodie chick! Have fun landscaping, Willoughby!
Joanna Jenkins said…
Happy birthday P.H.C.!!!!

And Willoughby-- Love your sense of humor with the trucks ! LOL

Can't wait to see the finished project!

Have a great weekend.
Lissaloo said…
can't wait to see how all your hard work turns out! =)

Popular posts from this blog

Bugging Out

Spring is such a wonderful time of year.  The birds have returned and greet each morning with their lovely songs.  The tree branches are covered with green buds ready to burst into life.  The grass has shed it's yellow/brown pallor in favor of a lovely emerald.  The air is warm and breezy.  It's all so lovely except for one thing.  The bugs. Because of our nearly uninhabitable climate during the winter months, we don't see many bugs from late October through early April.  I almost forget how much I hate them until they come back.  And they know I hate them so they taunt me.  Ever since the thermometer hit the 60 degree mark, we've had flies congregating around the back porch.  I can't sit out there and enjoy my morning coffee without having them buzz past me. Now, flies I hate, but spiders I absolutely loathe.  Friday morning I walked into the bathroom to dry my hair and spotted what I thought was a bumble ...

It's Wednesday, Welcome Back To The Cocktail Party!

Welcome to Willoughby's Blog Style Cocktail Party. I hope you will find some new blogs to follow and expand your circle of blog friends. I know you're all anxious to mingle, so I'll get right to it. I'd like to introduce Deidra from Jumping Tandem .  I know you'll enjoy her blog as much as I do. Keeping It Real.... Deidra I'm an East Coast girl living in the midwest because I love my husband (I call him "H" around here) and his work brought us here. We have been blessed with two amazing children (currently in college) and an empty nest that I absolutely love! Don't get me wrong, I love my kids but they're destined to change the world and they can't do that living under my roof (although they're welcome back anytime for love, prayers, support, encouragement, and of course homecooked meals and clean laundry). Did I mention that H is a pastor? So that makes me the pastor's wife - but don't let that blur your vision. H is...

It's Time For A Giveaway!

I am excited to announce that Novica has, once again given me a $50 gift card to award to one lucky winner.  If you're not familiar with Novica , they work in association with National Geographic to bring the work of talented artists and artisans around the globe to the rest of the world via the internet. Shopping their website is a unique experience as you can view information about each artist along with the works they create.  It gives each item a very personal feeling.  In the Keepers Of The Arts section, you can watch videos of the artists at work. I love Novica so much that I could go on and on telling you how wonderful their website is, what great customer service they have and, especially, how talented the artisans are, but it would be much more fun for you to see for yourself.  Before you head over there, though, let me give you a sneak peak of some of the wonderful things you'll discover (and maybe help you find some unique Christmas gifts). Wool...