Skip to main content

The Bar Is Open

The pool theme continues with tonight's drink. It's essentially a Lemon Drop Martini, but we've made it a touch sweeter and renamed it.



Teeny Weeny Bikini Martini


  • 1 1/2 ounces vodka

  • 1/2 ounce Triple Sec

  • 2 teaspoons simple syrup*

  • 3/4 ounce lemon juice

  • Ice cubes

Pour vodka, triple sec, simple syrup and lemon juice into an ice filled cocktail shaker. Shake well to combine. Strain into sugar rimmed martini glass. Recipe yields one martini.


Please enjoy your Teeny Weeny Bikini Martini responsibly! Happy Friday, everyone!

*Simple Syrup is equal parts sugar and water mixed together, brought to a boil for three minutes, then cooled.

Comments

Unknown said…
we never have liquor in the house (wine and beer, yes...liquor no) but your drinks look so tasty that I may have to make a run to the discount liquor store across the border!
Donna-FFW said…
Love the name of your renamed drink!
Kathy said…
I also never have liquer in the house for several reasons, but I love,love,love fun fruity drinks! You are insiring me to stock the liquer cabinet again. It looks pretty easy to make a good drink and cannot cost the $8 to $12 as it does in a restaurant.
Lemondrops, or lemonade with vodka, are my favorite when it's too hot for whiskey. That looks really good!
Lissaloo said…
Yummy, anything Lemon and I'm in :) Do you make a big batch of simple syrup and save it? If so how do you store it? :)
Willoughby said…
Kathy - You're right, it is much less expensive to make them at home. Depending on the brands you buy, of course. Also, no worry about designated drivers!

Lissaloo - I usually make a big batch of simple syrup. I use 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water. I store it in a reusable pop-up top type water bottle in the refrigerator. It's easy to measure that way. Pop up the top, squeeze out what you need, put it back in the fridge until you need it again!
Lissaloo said…
Thanks :) I will have to do that, I love the storage idea.
I am ALWAYS shocked at the price whenever I order a mixed drink when we are out, probably one of the reasons I never go out :) I think the most I ever paid for one was 8$, you can buy your own bottle for that much! :)
glovin said…
Thanks :) I will have to do that, I love the storage idea. You're right, it is much less expensive to make them at home

___________________
Glovin
Professional Monitering security systems for Homes, Offices & Appartments

Popular posts from this blog

Bugging Out

Spring is such a wonderful time of year.  The birds have returned and greet each morning with their lovely songs.  The tree branches are covered with green buds ready to burst into life.  The grass has shed it's yellow/brown pallor in favor of a lovely emerald.  The air is warm and breezy.  It's all so lovely except for one thing.  The bugs. Because of our nearly uninhabitable climate during the winter months, we don't see many bugs from late October through early April.  I almost forget how much I hate them until they come back.  And they know I hate them so they taunt me.  Ever since the thermometer hit the 60 degree mark, we've had flies congregating around the back porch.  I can't sit out there and enjoy my morning coffee without having them buzz past me. Now, flies I hate, but spiders I absolutely loathe.  Friday morning I walked into the bathroom to dry my hair and spotted what I thought was a bumble ...

It's Wednesday, Welcome Back To The Cocktail Party!

Welcome to Willoughby's Blog Style Cocktail Party. I hope you will find some new blogs to follow and expand your circle of blog friends. I know you're all anxious to mingle, so I'll get right to it. I'd like to introduce Deidra from Jumping Tandem .  I know you'll enjoy her blog as much as I do. Keeping It Real.... Deidra I'm an East Coast girl living in the midwest because I love my husband (I call him "H" around here) and his work brought us here. We have been blessed with two amazing children (currently in college) and an empty nest that I absolutely love! Don't get me wrong, I love my kids but they're destined to change the world and they can't do that living under my roof (although they're welcome back anytime for love, prayers, support, encouragement, and of course homecooked meals and clean laundry). Did I mention that H is a pastor? So that makes me the pastor's wife - but don't let that blur your vision. H is...

It's Time For A Giveaway!

I am excited to announce that Novica has, once again given me a $50 gift card to award to one lucky winner.  If you're not familiar with Novica , they work in association with National Geographic to bring the work of talented artists and artisans around the globe to the rest of the world via the internet. Shopping their website is a unique experience as you can view information about each artist along with the works they create.  It gives each item a very personal feeling.  In the Keepers Of The Arts section, you can watch videos of the artists at work. I love Novica so much that I could go on and on telling you how wonderful their website is, what great customer service they have and, especially, how talented the artisans are, but it would be much more fun for you to see for yourself.  Before you head over there, though, let me give you a sneak peak of some of the wonderful things you'll discover (and maybe help you find some unique Christmas gifts). Wool...