Skip to main content

The Bar Is Open

Aye, mateys! The plank, errr, bar is open. If you haven't guessed, we have a pirate theme going tonight. Captain Willoughby and I have created a drink that we think you will enjoy. It's like a root beer float for grown-up pirates.

Shipwreck Willoughby's
  • 1 1/2 ounces Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum
  • 3/4 ounce Irish Cream
  • 6 ounces root beer
  • ice
For each drink, mix Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum, Irish Cream and root beer together by stirring gently. Pour into an ice filled glass (if your root beer is icy cold, you can skip the ice).



Enjoy your Shipwreck Willoughby's responsibly, mateys! Happy Friday!

***************
Are you up to my challenge? If you haven't seen it, click here.

Comments

Purple Flowers said…
This looks most refreshing. I like the glasses too!
Kathy said…
Boy, you guys come up with some really interesting drinks! Do you make them up yourself or do you have a recipe book?
That looks so good! I'm going to have to make one tonight, it's been a rough day.
Unknown said…
I LOVE rum in my RBF's! I like the idea of a spiced rum and the addition of irish cream. Mmmmmm.
Donna-FFW said…
What a super fantastic drink. Love the root beear addition!
Lissaloo said…
Yum, I could use a grown-up RB float right now, great drink :)
Unknown said…
This drink looks so refreshing and sounds yummy! I might add some ice cream to it =o)
Karine said…
This looks so refreshing! Perfect for a hot summer day! thanks for sharing your recipe :)

Popular posts from this blog

Bugging Out

Spring is such a wonderful time of year.  The birds have returned and greet each morning with their lovely songs.  The tree branches are covered with green buds ready to burst into life.  The grass has shed it's yellow/brown pallor in favor of a lovely emerald.  The air is warm and breezy.  It's all so lovely except for one thing.  The bugs. Because of our nearly uninhabitable climate during the winter months, we don't see many bugs from late October through early April.  I almost forget how much I hate them until they come back.  And they know I hate them so they taunt me.  Ever since the thermometer hit the 60 degree mark, we've had flies congregating around the back porch.  I can't sit out there and enjoy my morning coffee without having them buzz past me. Now, flies I hate, but spiders I absolutely loathe.  Friday morning I walked into the bathroom to dry my hair and spotted what I thought was a bumble ...

It's Wednesday, Welcome Back To The Cocktail Party!

Welcome to Willoughby's Blog Style Cocktail Party. I hope you will find some new blogs to follow and expand your circle of blog friends. I know you're all anxious to mingle, so I'll get right to it. I'd like to introduce Deidra from Jumping Tandem .  I know you'll enjoy her blog as much as I do. Keeping It Real.... Deidra I'm an East Coast girl living in the midwest because I love my husband (I call him "H" around here) and his work brought us here. We have been blessed with two amazing children (currently in college) and an empty nest that I absolutely love! Don't get me wrong, I love my kids but they're destined to change the world and they can't do that living under my roof (although they're welcome back anytime for love, prayers, support, encouragement, and of course homecooked meals and clean laundry). Did I mention that H is a pastor? So that makes me the pastor's wife - but don't let that blur your vision. H is...

It's Time For A Giveaway!

I am excited to announce that Novica has, once again given me a $50 gift card to award to one lucky winner.  If you're not familiar with Novica , they work in association with National Geographic to bring the work of talented artists and artisans around the globe to the rest of the world via the internet. Shopping their website is a unique experience as you can view information about each artist along with the works they create.  It gives each item a very personal feeling.  In the Keepers Of The Arts section, you can watch videos of the artists at work. I love Novica so much that I could go on and on telling you how wonderful their website is, what great customer service they have and, especially, how talented the artisans are, but it would be much more fun for you to see for yourself.  Before you head over there, though, let me give you a sneak peak of some of the wonderful things you'll discover (and maybe help you find some unique Christmas gifts). Wool...