Skip to main content

A Sporting Good Time And Some Shout Outs

It feels like fall in our neck of the woods. Not only because it never got above 65 degrees today, but because we spent our evening at a football game. Tonight was the first JV football game of the season. Our son is number 58.


He plays nose and a few other positions on the line.


He's out there somewhere! He played a great game and had two amazing tackles. It was a home game, so his team really wanted to start the season with a win. This was the score four minutes into the second quarter.

His team scored one more touchdown before the end of the game. The final score was 46 - 0. Not a bad way to end his first game, wouldn't you say? We couldn't have been more proud of him!



Shout Outs

I follow so many great blogs that I'm having a hard time keeping up with all of them. If I haven't commented on your blog lately, I'm sorry! I haven't forgotten about you, I'm just trying to get caught up. I do need to give some shout outs to a few of my blog friends for some special reasons.


The first shout out goes to Amy at The House Of Seven Tails. She accepted my challenge and posted a wonderful time travel blog that you must read. She did an exceptional job of bringing her time period to life.


The second shout out goes to Deidra at Jumping Tandem. She is celebrating the one year anniversary of her blog with a fun giveaway. Drop in and say hello to be eligible to win. Deidra has such beautiful and captivating posts, I'm sure you'll love her blog as much as I do.


The third shout out goes to Purple Hoodie Chick. She just started a new blog called Wireman Says... to share her love of reading with the blog community. Stop by and say hi!

Comments

Unknown said…
I'm ready for the cool crisp autumn weather but that won't happen until late Oct or Nov. *Sigh* Tell your boy "Great job"! Oh and thanks for the blog links. I'll check them out!
Lissaloo said…
That is an awesome first game, with more great ones to come I'm sure :)
Deidra said…
Thanks for the shout out!

Popular posts from this blog

Bugging Out

Spring is such a wonderful time of year.  The birds have returned and greet each morning with their lovely songs.  The tree branches are covered with green buds ready to burst into life.  The grass has shed it's yellow/brown pallor in favor of a lovely emerald.  The air is warm and breezy.  It's all so lovely except for one thing.  The bugs. Because of our nearly uninhabitable climate during the winter months, we don't see many bugs from late October through early April.  I almost forget how much I hate them until they come back.  And they know I hate them so they taunt me.  Ever since the thermometer hit the 60 degree mark, we've had flies congregating around the back porch.  I can't sit out there and enjoy my morning coffee without having them buzz past me. Now, flies I hate, but spiders I absolutely loathe.  Friday morning I walked into the bathroom to dry my hair and spotted what I thought was a bumble ...

It's Wednesday, Welcome Back To The Cocktail Party!

Welcome to Willoughby's Blog Style Cocktail Party. I hope you will find some new blogs to follow and expand your circle of blog friends. I know you're all anxious to mingle, so I'll get right to it. I'd like to introduce Deidra from Jumping Tandem .  I know you'll enjoy her blog as much as I do. Keeping It Real.... Deidra I'm an East Coast girl living in the midwest because I love my husband (I call him "H" around here) and his work brought us here. We have been blessed with two amazing children (currently in college) and an empty nest that I absolutely love! Don't get me wrong, I love my kids but they're destined to change the world and they can't do that living under my roof (although they're welcome back anytime for love, prayers, support, encouragement, and of course homecooked meals and clean laundry). Did I mention that H is a pastor? So that makes me the pastor's wife - but don't let that blur your vision. H is...

It's Time For A Giveaway!

I am excited to announce that Novica has, once again given me a $50 gift card to award to one lucky winner.  If you're not familiar with Novica , they work in association with National Geographic to bring the work of talented artists and artisans around the globe to the rest of the world via the internet. Shopping their website is a unique experience as you can view information about each artist along with the works they create.  It gives each item a very personal feeling.  In the Keepers Of The Arts section, you can watch videos of the artists at work. I love Novica so much that I could go on and on telling you how wonderful their website is, what great customer service they have and, especially, how talented the artisans are, but it would be much more fun for you to see for yourself.  Before you head over there, though, let me give you a sneak peak of some of the wonderful things you'll discover (and maybe help you find some unique Christmas gifts). Wool...