Skip to main content

It's Tuesday, Welcome Back To The Cocktail Party!

Welcome to Willoughby's Blog Style Cocktail Party. I hope you will find some new blogs to follow and expand your circle of blog friends. I know you're all anxious to mingle, so I'll get right to it.


I'd like to introduce Raoulysgirl from Who Has The Thyme?. I know you'll enjoy her blog as much as I do.





About Me


Raoulysgirl

I'm a mommy first...wife second. Besides that, I am opinionated. Mine is not always the "popular" opinion, either. You are welcome to engage me in debate, but will most likely NOT change my mind.


Salutations!

Wha???

Yeah...better just stick to my usual style, huh? Sorry. I was trying to be proper since I'm a guest on my dear friend Willoughby's blog.

Comes across as being fake, does it? Hmm...well, I guess we'll just have to start over.

(ahem)

What do Obie-wannabe (that would be President Obama...for those who are new to my musings) and John Edwards have in common?

They've both decided that the "pull-out" method is probably NOT a good idea.

I know...I know. It was a bad joke. Shame on me. I shouldn't have gone there.

But I did. And here's the thing...

I always do! I can't help myself. My opinions tend to be strong and, more often than not, sarcastic.

What do I opine about, you ask?

Well...everything. If it's on the news, I read it. If it lights a fire in me, you'll hear what I think about it.

Mine is not always the "popular" opinion. I am a firm believer in life...and death. Swift justice...and "enhanced interrogation techniques." I will warn you, though, if things start to get sticky. Then, I'll make a joke of it!

I'm not always so serious. I like to poke fun at the kiddie movies that seem to be on a continuous loop at my house...even my FAVORITE of all time (I even managed to make it politically themed!).

Sometimes, I let you have a small peek at my family life.

Occasionally, I will give out unsolicited advice.

I will warn you, however...regardless of the post, it always comes with an unwritten disclaimer. "Read at your own risk."

I welcome any and all comments...even if they differ from my point of view. I enjoy debate and welcome it on my blog. Just don't expect to change my mind!

I have been absent lately, as I had some family matters to attend to. However, I am back now with both guns blazing!!!

Please stop by my little corner of the world and see what you think. Don't be afraid to voice your opinions.

Oh, and if you do feel like hanging around, please let me know that Willoughby sent you!!!






Thank you Raoulysgirl for being a guest on my blog.

The cocktail party will continue on Sunday with a new guest blogger. It's not too late to RSVP if you haven't already. You can send your submission to me at thisstopwilloughby@yahoo.com. (If you're not already a follower, you must become one to be a guest blogger at the cocktail party.) I would appreciate it if you could send me your post in html format. If you are I would appreciate it if you could send me your post in html format. If you are submitting a new post, create it on Blogger as you would any post. Save, but don't publish it. From there you can click "edit html" and copy and paste your blog into the body of an email. If you are submitting a previously published post, go into "edit" and follow the same instructions. This makes it much easier for me to display your blog post the way you have written it and saves me a lot of editing.If you have any questions, feel free to email me.


Willoughby

Comments

Lissaloo said…
Rg- I am so glad you are back! I have missed your opinions and musings, it keeps me in the News Loop! :)
Raoulysgirl said…
YAY! I'm so excited!!! Thanks again, Willoughby, for the opportunity (one of the greatest ideas EVER!).
Unknown said…
I tried to change your mind once and we're still good friends. That's what I like about you. LOYAL!
Holly Lefevre said…
I must go check her out...cannot believe I have not yet. Great party!
Holly
Kimberly said…
Jumping over from 5thsister. I like your blog, and I will return!
I enjoy her too! Great choice. Have an awesome day. Cheers, Holly at lifelaughlatte.blogspot.com
Donna-FFW said…
I missed you.. glad to see your comeback will be soon.
Chicago Mom said…
What a firecracker! I can't wait to check out your blog - what fun!
Tracie said…
You have a fiesty little friend there Willoughby. I've been following her (per your recommendation).
BashfulToast said…
Great post! When do I get to be a guest again? Wait...am I allowed to go to a cocktail party?lol

Popular posts from this blog

Bugging Out

Spring is such a wonderful time of year.  The birds have returned and greet each morning with their lovely songs.  The tree branches are covered with green buds ready to burst into life.  The grass has shed it's yellow/brown pallor in favor of a lovely emerald.  The air is warm and breezy.  It's all so lovely except for one thing.  The bugs. Because of our nearly uninhabitable climate during the winter months, we don't see many bugs from late October through early April.  I almost forget how much I hate them until they come back.  And they know I hate them so they taunt me.  Ever since the thermometer hit the 60 degree mark, we've had flies congregating around the back porch.  I can't sit out there and enjoy my morning coffee without having them buzz past me. Now, flies I hate, but spiders I absolutely loathe.  Friday morning I walked into the bathroom to dry my hair and spotted what I thought was a bumble ...

It's Wednesday, Welcome Back To The Cocktail Party!

Welcome to Willoughby's Blog Style Cocktail Party. I hope you will find some new blogs to follow and expand your circle of blog friends. I know you're all anxious to mingle, so I'll get right to it. I'd like to introduce Deidra from Jumping Tandem .  I know you'll enjoy her blog as much as I do. Keeping It Real.... Deidra I'm an East Coast girl living in the midwest because I love my husband (I call him "H" around here) and his work brought us here. We have been blessed with two amazing children (currently in college) and an empty nest that I absolutely love! Don't get me wrong, I love my kids but they're destined to change the world and they can't do that living under my roof (although they're welcome back anytime for love, prayers, support, encouragement, and of course homecooked meals and clean laundry). Did I mention that H is a pastor? So that makes me the pastor's wife - but don't let that blur your vision. H is...

It's Time For A Giveaway!

I am excited to announce that Novica has, once again given me a $50 gift card to award to one lucky winner.  If you're not familiar with Novica , they work in association with National Geographic to bring the work of talented artists and artisans around the globe to the rest of the world via the internet. Shopping their website is a unique experience as you can view information about each artist along with the works they create.  It gives each item a very personal feeling.  In the Keepers Of The Arts section, you can watch videos of the artists at work. I love Novica so much that I could go on and on telling you how wonderful their website is, what great customer service they have and, especially, how talented the artisans are, but it would be much more fun for you to see for yourself.  Before you head over there, though, let me give you a sneak peak of some of the wonderful things you'll discover (and maybe help you find some unique Christmas gifts). Wool...