Skip to main content

I Never Forget Earth Day....

....because it also happens to be my anniversary.  Mr. Willoughby and I were married 21 years ago, on April 22, 1989.  Honestly, at the time, I had never even heard of Earth Day, so we didn't choose the date for that reason.  It is kind of nice, though, to think of people making the world a more beautiful place by planting trees and flowers on the anniversary of the day we began our life together.  100 years from now, after we're long gone, this day will still be celebrated.  I think that's pretty special even if it is just a coincidence.

 
Willoughby

*If you're curious what Mr. Willoughby and I looked like 21 years ago (unlikely, but possible), you can click here to see my anniversary post from last year.

Comments

L.B. said…
Happy Anniversary!

I share my birthday with the second atom bomb that was dropped on Japan in 1944, on Nagasaki. Also the day Nixon resigned, which was a year before I was born.

I'd rather share a special day with something cool, like Earth Day.

¡Viva la tierra!
Bill Lisleman said…
those are nice pictures on the link.
Everyone makes a mark on the world and since you're a mom there's a good chance 100 years from now your descendants will be remembering you.

I do wonder what these blogs will become in 100 years.

Happy Anniversary!
Heidi said…
Happy Anniversary!!!
This Wife Cooks said…
Happy Anniversary to you! P.S. I'm loving the new look of your blog!
thamesarino said…
Happy Anniversary!
I'm so glad that I had a second to read up on blogs for the first time in a couple weeks on YOUR anniversary!!
I hope that you are having a great day together!! : )
Kathy said…
Happy Anniversary!
ChristineM said…
Happy Anniversary!

(And Happy Earth Day!) ;)
Unknown said…
Happy Anniversary! There is no better way to say it. congratulations for the first 21 years. A great record.
What a fortunate coincidence with the Earth Day! Every year, to celebrate together with millions of people a "clean" life on this planet. A great message.
Joanna Jenkins said…
Happy Anniversary Willoughby!!!!! I hope it was a wonderful day for you both.
xo
jj
Kimberly said…
Congrats! Happy Anniversary!

I mentioned you in my post today, and included a link to your blog.

Thank you for the idea from you "Brilliant or Crazy" post you did recently.
Chicago Mom said…
Happy belated Anniversary! We were on a school trip to DC in 1990 on Earth Day and we had no idea about it either. :)

I hate spiders too!
Holly Lefevre said…
Happy, Happy anniversary! I know I am late, but sentiment remains.
Happy Anniversary...sorry this is belated...but, just as sincere. I hope you enjoyed your special day.

Have a nice Mother's Day Weekend, too! ~Natalie
Joanna Jenkins said…
Hi Willloughby,
Just stopping by to say hello and to wish you a Happy Mother's Day.
Cheers,
jj

Popular posts from this blog

Bugging Out

Spring is such a wonderful time of year.  The birds have returned and greet each morning with their lovely songs.  The tree branches are covered with green buds ready to burst into life.  The grass has shed it's yellow/brown pallor in favor of a lovely emerald.  The air is warm and breezy.  It's all so lovely except for one thing.  The bugs. Because of our nearly uninhabitable climate during the winter months, we don't see many bugs from late October through early April.  I almost forget how much I hate them until they come back.  And they know I hate them so they taunt me.  Ever since the thermometer hit the 60 degree mark, we've had flies congregating around the back porch.  I can't sit out there and enjoy my morning coffee without having them buzz past me. Now, flies I hate, but spiders I absolutely loathe.  Friday morning I walked into the bathroom to dry my hair and spotted what I thought was a bumble ...

It's Wednesday, Welcome Back To The Cocktail Party!

Welcome to Willoughby's Blog Style Cocktail Party. I hope you will find some new blogs to follow and expand your circle of blog friends. I know you're all anxious to mingle, so I'll get right to it. I'd like to introduce Deidra from Jumping Tandem .  I know you'll enjoy her blog as much as I do. Keeping It Real.... Deidra I'm an East Coast girl living in the midwest because I love my husband (I call him "H" around here) and his work brought us here. We have been blessed with two amazing children (currently in college) and an empty nest that I absolutely love! Don't get me wrong, I love my kids but they're destined to change the world and they can't do that living under my roof (although they're welcome back anytime for love, prayers, support, encouragement, and of course homecooked meals and clean laundry). Did I mention that H is a pastor? So that makes me the pastor's wife - but don't let that blur your vision. H is...

It's Time For A Giveaway!

I am excited to announce that Novica has, once again given me a $50 gift card to award to one lucky winner.  If you're not familiar with Novica , they work in association with National Geographic to bring the work of talented artists and artisans around the globe to the rest of the world via the internet. Shopping their website is a unique experience as you can view information about each artist along with the works they create.  It gives each item a very personal feeling.  In the Keepers Of The Arts section, you can watch videos of the artists at work. I love Novica so much that I could go on and on telling you how wonderful their website is, what great customer service they have and, especially, how talented the artisans are, but it would be much more fun for you to see for yourself.  Before you head over there, though, let me give you a sneak peak of some of the wonderful things you'll discover (and maybe help you find some unique Christmas gifts). Wool...