Skip to main content

Pondering Things Like Cat Litter, Canadian Music and Sea Monkeys

You know me, I'm always pondering something.  On my mind today:

Cat Litter - We don't have a cat anymore, so I haven't bought cat litter in a long time, but I was looking at a display of one popular brand at the store.  It comes in several varieties.  One is for instant odor control, another has maximum odor control for multiple cat homes and yet another is for long lasting odor control.  My question is, why all the different formulas?  Can't each one have instant, lasting, maximum odor control?  Has anyone ever wanted delayed, minimum, or short term odor control from their cat litter?

Grapefruit - Who came up with the name grapefruit?  They don't look like grapes or taste like grapes.

Cookies - What if we called them bakies instead?

Celebrity Endorsements - Do you think Beyonce stops at Rite Aid to grab a box of L'Oreal when her roots are showing?  Is Weight Watchers the reason Jennifer Hudson lost so much weight or could it have something to do with her personal trainer?

Regional Availability of Music - Our local Alternative Rock radio station broadcasts to both Michigan and Ontario, Canada, so they play songs from quite a few Canadian bands.  Ashes of Soma, Default, KO, Nickelback, Theory of a Deadman, Evans Blue, City and Colour, Billy Talent and My Darkest Days are just a few.  Do you hear them in your area or is it a regional thing?  (Scroll down to my player to hear these bands.  Be aware that some songs are not kid friendly.)

Sea Monkeys - How is it they can be dehydrated, stored for months, and then brought back to life by re-hydrating them?  Imagine if they could do that with other animals.  Farmers could buy their livestock online and have it shipped to them.  Of course, you would need a really big tank to re-hydrate something like a cow.    Would a dehydrated cow give powdered milk?

Pants - When did people start wearing pants?  First they wore nothing, then loincloths, then flowing gowns/robes and then, presumably, pants became the thing to wear.  Did they catch on right away?  Had underwear been invented by then?

Still pondering.......



Willoughby

Comments

Bill Lisleman said…
Oh great philosopher please let your students off easy. Not so many questions to ponder at once.
I believe you'll be able to find the pants history online. I seem to recall paintings of conquistadors wearing pants. But I'm 100% sure the king's knights never let there pants sag like some kids today.
Joanna Jenkins said…
I remember when I started wearing pants to school... I was in the 9th grade (about 1971) when girls were actually "allowed" to wear pants to school. Sheesh.

And "Bakies" I like that :-)

Happy weekend, xo jj
Jenny said…
You're a nut! I definitely need more coffee to ponder these questions - ha!

Popular posts from this blog

Bugging Out

Spring is such a wonderful time of year.  The birds have returned and greet each morning with their lovely songs.  The tree branches are covered with green buds ready to burst into life.  The grass has shed it's yellow/brown pallor in favor of a lovely emerald.  The air is warm and breezy.  It's all so lovely except for one thing.  The bugs. Because of our nearly uninhabitable climate during the winter months, we don't see many bugs from late October through early April.  I almost forget how much I hate them until they come back.  And they know I hate them so they taunt me.  Ever since the thermometer hit the 60 degree mark, we've had flies congregating around the back porch.  I can't sit out there and enjoy my morning coffee without having them buzz past me. Now, flies I hate, but spiders I absolutely loathe.  Friday morning I walked into the bathroom to dry my hair and spotted what I thought was a bumble ...

It's Wednesday, Welcome Back To The Cocktail Party!

Welcome to Willoughby's Blog Style Cocktail Party. I hope you will find some new blogs to follow and expand your circle of blog friends. I know you're all anxious to mingle, so I'll get right to it. I'd like to introduce Deidra from Jumping Tandem .  I know you'll enjoy her blog as much as I do. Keeping It Real.... Deidra I'm an East Coast girl living in the midwest because I love my husband (I call him "H" around here) and his work brought us here. We have been blessed with two amazing children (currently in college) and an empty nest that I absolutely love! Don't get me wrong, I love my kids but they're destined to change the world and they can't do that living under my roof (although they're welcome back anytime for love, prayers, support, encouragement, and of course homecooked meals and clean laundry). Did I mention that H is a pastor? So that makes me the pastor's wife - but don't let that blur your vision. H is...

It's Time For A Giveaway!

I am excited to announce that Novica has, once again given me a $50 gift card to award to one lucky winner.  If you're not familiar with Novica , they work in association with National Geographic to bring the work of talented artists and artisans around the globe to the rest of the world via the internet. Shopping their website is a unique experience as you can view information about each artist along with the works they create.  It gives each item a very personal feeling.  In the Keepers Of The Arts section, you can watch videos of the artists at work. I love Novica so much that I could go on and on telling you how wonderful their website is, what great customer service they have and, especially, how talented the artisans are, but it would be much more fun for you to see for yourself.  Before you head over there, though, let me give you a sneak peak of some of the wonderful things you'll discover (and maybe help you find some unique Christmas gifts). Wool...