Skip to main content

Makin' Bacon With Mr. Willoughby

I do most of the cooking around here, but Mr. Willoughby is the grill master and breakfast chef. A while back he decided to combine the two and make bacon on the grill. It's fantastic! We don't make bacon very often, but when we make it in the oven or on the cooktop, the house smells like it for hours afterward. Plus, who wants to clean up the greasy mess? The grill method also works well if you need to make a large amount of bacon at one time.


Here's what Mr. Willoughby does: Preheat your gas grill to high. Tear off two 24 inch sheets of aluminum foil and stack one on top of the other. Fold the edges up to contain the grease. Lay bacon on the foil in a single layer and place on the grill. Close the top and let the bacon cook for 5-10 minutes. Check to see if it's done to desired crispness. If not, continue to cook for several more minutes, opening the lid and checking frequently. When the bacon is done, turn off grill and remove strips to serving platter. Enjoy your bacon while it's warm. Leave the foil on the grill until it's cool and the grease has coagulated. Dispose of foil.




Mmmmmmm, bacon!

Comments

BashfulToast said…
You made bacon this morning!? I would have rather had your cooking then Dennys!! Oh well. Ill be over for dinner! lol
Heidi said…
My dad makes the very best bacon on the grill. Put some bbq sauce on it while it's grilling. It's out of this world. You won't be disappointed...it really is amazing. We always grilled it with another meat because the bbq bacon never made it to the table.
Mmmmmm bacon! I really want some now...
Lissaloo said…
What a GREAT idea! I am going to give this a try next time we do bacon, thanks for sharing this :)

Popular posts from this blog

Bugging Out

Spring is such a wonderful time of year.  The birds have returned and greet each morning with their lovely songs.  The tree branches are covered with green buds ready to burst into life.  The grass has shed it's yellow/brown pallor in favor of a lovely emerald.  The air is warm and breezy.  It's all so lovely except for one thing.  The bugs. Because of our nearly uninhabitable climate during the winter months, we don't see many bugs from late October through early April.  I almost forget how much I hate them until they come back.  And they know I hate them so they taunt me.  Ever since the thermometer hit the 60 degree mark, we've had flies congregating around the back porch.  I can't sit out there and enjoy my morning coffee without having them buzz past me. Now, flies I hate, but spiders I absolutely loathe.  Friday morning I walked into the bathroom to dry my hair and spotted what I thought was a bumble ...

It's Wednesday, Welcome Back To The Cocktail Party!

Welcome to Willoughby's Blog Style Cocktail Party. I hope you will find some new blogs to follow and expand your circle of blog friends. I know you're all anxious to mingle, so I'll get right to it. I'd like to introduce Deidra from Jumping Tandem .  I know you'll enjoy her blog as much as I do. Keeping It Real.... Deidra I'm an East Coast girl living in the midwest because I love my husband (I call him "H" around here) and his work brought us here. We have been blessed with two amazing children (currently in college) and an empty nest that I absolutely love! Don't get me wrong, I love my kids but they're destined to change the world and they can't do that living under my roof (although they're welcome back anytime for love, prayers, support, encouragement, and of course homecooked meals and clean laundry). Did I mention that H is a pastor? So that makes me the pastor's wife - but don't let that blur your vision. H is...

It's Time For A Giveaway!

I am excited to announce that Novica has, once again given me a $50 gift card to award to one lucky winner.  If you're not familiar with Novica , they work in association with National Geographic to bring the work of talented artists and artisans around the globe to the rest of the world via the internet. Shopping their website is a unique experience as you can view information about each artist along with the works they create.  It gives each item a very personal feeling.  In the Keepers Of The Arts section, you can watch videos of the artists at work. I love Novica so much that I could go on and on telling you how wonderful their website is, what great customer service they have and, especially, how talented the artisans are, but it would be much more fun for you to see for yourself.  Before you head over there, though, let me give you a sneak peak of some of the wonderful things you'll discover (and maybe help you find some unique Christmas gifts). Wool...