Skip to main content

The Bar Is Open!

We're going to start easing away from classic cocktails. We'll be putting away the vintage bartender's guide with it's prohibition era cocktails and moving toward fun novelty drinks for summer. Tonight's drink, though, is a classic cocktail with a bit of a twist. It's based on my all time favorite Long Island Iced Tea. We like to call it a Barrier Island Iced Tea.



Barrier Island Iced Tea


  • 1 oz. cranberry juice

  • 1 oz. whiskey sour mix

  • 1/2 oz. tequila

  • 1/2 oz. rum

  • 1/2 oz. triple sec

  • 1/2 oz. vodka

  • 1/2 oz. simple syrup*

Mix all ingredients and pour into an ice filled glass.


Enjoy your Barrier Island Iced Tea responsibly please! Happy Friday, everyone!

*Simple syrup is made by combining equal parts sugar and water. Bring to a boil, let boil for one minute. Cool to room temperature before using. Refrigerate leftover syrup.

**Looking for your award? Check out my earlier post, you'll find it there.

Comments

Raoulysgirl said…
What I enjoy in a Long Island...several types of alcohol...to ensure a spiffy buzz...er...I mean, evening. Not so hot on cranberry juice. Can ya sub something there for me? I'm not too pick...as long as it's not straight cranberry. I LOVE cran-cherry!!!
Donna-FFW said…
Love the drink, color is so pretty, and the glass suits it perfectly.
Lissaloo said…
What a pretty, pretty drink! I love cran juice in my drinks &, although I don't have your pretty glasses, I can't wait to try this!
Lissaloo said…
I know you were already tagged but I'm gettin ya again! I love your Blog, Thanks for all you share :)

Popular posts from this blog

Bugging Out

Spring is such a wonderful time of year.  The birds have returned and greet each morning with their lovely songs.  The tree branches are covered with green buds ready to burst into life.  The grass has shed it's yellow/brown pallor in favor of a lovely emerald.  The air is warm and breezy.  It's all so lovely except for one thing.  The bugs. Because of our nearly uninhabitable climate during the winter months, we don't see many bugs from late October through early April.  I almost forget how much I hate them until they come back.  And they know I hate them so they taunt me.  Ever since the thermometer hit the 60 degree mark, we've had flies congregating around the back porch.  I can't sit out there and enjoy my morning coffee without having them buzz past me. Now, flies I hate, but spiders I absolutely loathe.  Friday morning I walked into the bathroom to dry my hair and spotted what I thought was a bumble ...

It's Wednesday, Welcome Back To The Cocktail Party!

Welcome to Willoughby's Blog Style Cocktail Party. I hope you will find some new blogs to follow and expand your circle of blog friends. I know you're all anxious to mingle, so I'll get right to it. I'd like to introduce Deidra from Jumping Tandem .  I know you'll enjoy her blog as much as I do. Keeping It Real.... Deidra I'm an East Coast girl living in the midwest because I love my husband (I call him "H" around here) and his work brought us here. We have been blessed with two amazing children (currently in college) and an empty nest that I absolutely love! Don't get me wrong, I love my kids but they're destined to change the world and they can't do that living under my roof (although they're welcome back anytime for love, prayers, support, encouragement, and of course homecooked meals and clean laundry). Did I mention that H is a pastor? So that makes me the pastor's wife - but don't let that blur your vision. H is...

It's Time For A Giveaway!

I am excited to announce that Novica has, once again given me a $50 gift card to award to one lucky winner.  If you're not familiar with Novica , they work in association with National Geographic to bring the work of talented artists and artisans around the globe to the rest of the world via the internet. Shopping their website is a unique experience as you can view information about each artist along with the works they create.  It gives each item a very personal feeling.  In the Keepers Of The Arts section, you can watch videos of the artists at work. I love Novica so much that I could go on and on telling you how wonderful their website is, what great customer service they have and, especially, how talented the artisans are, but it would be much more fun for you to see for yourself.  Before you head over there, though, let me give you a sneak peak of some of the wonderful things you'll discover (and maybe help you find some unique Christmas gifts). Wool...