Skip to main content

Remember me, Willoughby?



I've been away from blogging for a long time.  My last post was more than a year ago.  It was never intentional, it just kind of got away from me.  Also, it didn't seem that I was all that far removed from blogging because I've kept in touch with so many of you through Facebook and email.

Every time I've tried to start blogging again, I've run into the same problem.  What should I blog about?  Does anyone care to read my ramblings anymore?  I don't know the answer to either question, especially the second one.  Time will tell, I suppose.  In any case, I've decided to try to pick up where I left off and get back to blogging.

So what have I been doing all this time?  Lots of things, actually.  Mr. W and I have been working on quite a few home improvement projects.  We've taken some great day trips and cooked some fantastic food.  A few holidays have come and gone and seasons have changed multiple times.  Our store is doing well and we've started an adventure journal style blog.  Little by little, I'll be telling you about all of these things.  Well, the more interesting stories, anyway.

I promise I'll do my best to get caught back up with all of you.  I've missed you and I can't wait to see what's new in your corner of the internet.  Also, I'll be posting a special Novica giveaway very soon, so I hope you'll be back for that.

Thanks for stopping by!


Willoughby


**Google Reader will disappear on July 1.  You can still follow me through Bloglovin.

Comments

Bill Lisleman said…
Very good to see a new post up here. Bloggers do quit, all of us that have been blogging for awhile know that. Life often makes new demands or we just tire of it. I find it much better than FB or G+ because you get more substance in a post. FB has it's place but I don't mix the blog friends with the FB family and friends.

I don't know if you ever read my other blog "I Can't Blog" over on blogger. It's linked from my main blog. In that blog my posts (much much fewer of them) are focused on blogging thoughts and questions.
Welcome back and hope to read your words flowing here again.
Hi, Sue! I was away for a year, too. I've noticed a lot of bloggers I used to follow are gone now. I don't know if it's me, but it seems blogging in general has changed, too. I remember a long time ago you used to host cocktail parties. I think they stopped right as I discovered you, so I don't remember how it all worked--but maybe we should combine forces and sponsor a little virtual mingler to celebrate our return! If you're interested, you know where to find me :)
Cynthia@runningwithletters
Jenny said…
It seems like blogging is different now! I wonder if it's Pinterest that's replaced it?

Nice to see you!

Popular posts from this blog

Bugging Out

Spring is such a wonderful time of year.  The birds have returned and greet each morning with their lovely songs.  The tree branches are covered with green buds ready to burst into life.  The grass has shed it's yellow/brown pallor in favor of a lovely emerald.  The air is warm and breezy.  It's all so lovely except for one thing.  The bugs. Because of our nearly uninhabitable climate during the winter months, we don't see many bugs from late October through early April.  I almost forget how much I hate them until they come back.  And they know I hate them so they taunt me.  Ever since the thermometer hit the 60 degree mark, we've had flies congregating around the back porch.  I can't sit out there and enjoy my morning coffee without having them buzz past me. Now, flies I hate, but spiders I absolutely loathe.  Friday morning I walked into the bathroom to dry my hair and spotted what I thought was a bumble ...

It's Wednesday, Welcome Back To The Cocktail Party!

Welcome to Willoughby's Blog Style Cocktail Party. I hope you will find some new blogs to follow and expand your circle of blog friends. I know you're all anxious to mingle, so I'll get right to it. I'd like to introduce Deidra from Jumping Tandem .  I know you'll enjoy her blog as much as I do. Keeping It Real.... Deidra I'm an East Coast girl living in the midwest because I love my husband (I call him "H" around here) and his work brought us here. We have been blessed with two amazing children (currently in college) and an empty nest that I absolutely love! Don't get me wrong, I love my kids but they're destined to change the world and they can't do that living under my roof (although they're welcome back anytime for love, prayers, support, encouragement, and of course homecooked meals and clean laundry). Did I mention that H is a pastor? So that makes me the pastor's wife - but don't let that blur your vision. H is...

It's Time For A Giveaway!

I am excited to announce that Novica has, once again given me a $50 gift card to award to one lucky winner.  If you're not familiar with Novica , they work in association with National Geographic to bring the work of talented artists and artisans around the globe to the rest of the world via the internet. Shopping their website is a unique experience as you can view information about each artist along with the works they create.  It gives each item a very personal feeling.  In the Keepers Of The Arts section, you can watch videos of the artists at work. I love Novica so much that I could go on and on telling you how wonderful their website is, what great customer service they have and, especially, how talented the artisans are, but it would be much more fun for you to see for yourself.  Before you head over there, though, let me give you a sneak peak of some of the wonderful things you'll discover (and maybe help you find some unique Christmas gifts). Wool...