Monday, December 29, 2008

Why This Stop Willoughby?

I suppose you're wondering about the name of this blog. If you're a Twilight Zone fanatic, like me, then you've probably already figured it out. If not, then let me explain it to you. There is an episode of the Twilight Zone called "A Stop At Willoughby". In short, it's about a man named Gart who dreams of peaceful town from 1888 called Willoughby. Everything in Willoughby is perfect and serene and Gart wants more than anything to spend his life there. I won't spoil the ending by telling you what happens, but it's a clever story. I think all of us would like to spend some time in Willoughby now and then.

I don't want you to get the impression that this blog will be about Twilight Zone episodes. It won't. It will be about all the things that make wherever I am and wherever you are a little more fun, a little more colorful, a little more comfortable, a little more Willoughby!

Oh, and if you're interested in finding out what happens to Gart and Willoughby, you can see it on the Sci-Fi Channel on January 1 at 11:00 pm Eastern Time. You know I'll be watching!

3 comments:

Deborah L. Sykes said...

Neat! I haven't watched the Twilight Zone in ages... all I remember is the one about the guy in the plane and the gremlins...scared the CRAP out of me! :)

Unknown said...

What a great start to your foray into the blogging world. Very clever...we are big TZ fans in our household. Unfortunately I will be working all day Thursday so will miss out on most of the marathon. Bummer.

L.B. said...

Great first post! I go to Disneyland and Disneyland's California Adventure a lot, and one of the better rides there is the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. It's freaky! You go on an elevator (which seats about 30 people) in a 1930s Hollywood hotel and then it goes into full Twilight Zone mode as this family who vanished is in front of you and then it drops you from multiple stories up high, all the way down, back up, back down. It's a cool ride!