Skip to main content

Thinking Spring


Is it too early to be thinking about spring? Probably, but I can't help it. I know you're thinking, "Didn't you just take down the Christmas wreaths yesterday?" Yes, I did, but what's that got to do with it?

I'll admit, I don't have much of a green thumb. Or maybe I do. I just get lazy about taking care of my plants once the novelty of them has worn off. I had some beautiful flowers, herbs and tomatoes last year. I sort of let them go by the end of summer, though.

See how pretty they looked early in the season?


This year, I'm turning over a new leaf (pun most definitely intended)! I'm going to try to keep my plants looking beautiful all summer long. In fact, my daughter and I have decided to make a project out of it, complete with photo journal. We had a long talk about it while sitting in the parking lot before school this morning, figuring out what sort of flowers and vegetables we want to grow. The minute I got home I went to the Burpee website to look at vegetable seeds. The choices are overwhelming! I haven't placed an order yet, I need to consult with my assistant before I do that.

I have a few easy garden projects in mind that will be fun for both us. I'll be sharing them here, too. I'm also planning to find some new recipes for the vegetables and herbs we'll be growing. I can hardly wait!

Comments

Lissaloo said…
I was excited to see your Blog :) I wanted to tell you, hopefully it was you, Your Kaluha Pie idea?? Was it you?? I made into a trifle, yum yum, yum!
Willoughby said…
Yes! I did give you the recipe for Kahlua pie, I'm so glad you liked it! I never thought of a trifle, what a great idea!
Lissaloo said…
It was great, I used your K. cream, chocolate cake cubes, & fresh whipped cream. Topped it off with shaved chocolate. I served it at a get together & everyone LOVED it, Thank You, Thank You! :)
Willoughby said…
Maybe I'll post the recipe here!
Lissaloo said…
You definitely should :)
Unknown said…
Lovin' the music! "Jane" by Jefferson Starship. Oh the memories. Oh right, we were discussing spring. I was the same way with my herbs but am so looking forward to doing a bigger herb garden this year. I'd like to do some tomatoes, too, but have never really gardened. I think hubby is more motivated based on our grocery bills. (Oh, btw,the "magic" is Loreal Feria French Roast which shows auburn on my hair)
Willoughby said…
Hey, 5th, glad you like "Jane"! We're going to see Starship on Valentines Day. I'm so excited! We've seen them in concert many times, but this is the first time in years that we've got plans for Valentines Day that don't involve the kids! WooHoo!
Willoughby said…
Oops! Posted that comment before I was done. I love the French Roast, beautiful color!
Unknown said…
It's so much darker on the box. I guess my "platinum" makes it appear lighter on my head of hair. Oh well.

Popular posts from this blog

Bugging Out

Spring is such a wonderful time of year.  The birds have returned and greet each morning with their lovely songs.  The tree branches are covered with green buds ready to burst into life.  The grass has shed it's yellow/brown pallor in favor of a lovely emerald.  The air is warm and breezy.  It's all so lovely except for one thing.  The bugs. Because of our nearly uninhabitable climate during the winter months, we don't see many bugs from late October through early April.  I almost forget how much I hate them until they come back.  And they know I hate them so they taunt me.  Ever since the thermometer hit the 60 degree mark, we've had flies congregating around the back porch.  I can't sit out there and enjoy my morning coffee without having them buzz past me. Now, flies I hate, but spiders I absolutely loathe.  Friday morning I walked into the bathroom to dry my hair and spotted what I thought was a bumble ...

It's Wednesday, Welcome Back To The Cocktail Party!

Welcome to Willoughby's Blog Style Cocktail Party. I hope you will find some new blogs to follow and expand your circle of blog friends. I know you're all anxious to mingle, so I'll get right to it. I'd like to introduce Deidra from Jumping Tandem .  I know you'll enjoy her blog as much as I do. Keeping It Real.... Deidra I'm an East Coast girl living in the midwest because I love my husband (I call him "H" around here) and his work brought us here. We have been blessed with two amazing children (currently in college) and an empty nest that I absolutely love! Don't get me wrong, I love my kids but they're destined to change the world and they can't do that living under my roof (although they're welcome back anytime for love, prayers, support, encouragement, and of course homecooked meals and clean laundry). Did I mention that H is a pastor? So that makes me the pastor's wife - but don't let that blur your vision. H is...

It's Time For A Giveaway!

I am excited to announce that Novica has, once again given me a $50 gift card to award to one lucky winner.  If you're not familiar with Novica , they work in association with National Geographic to bring the work of talented artists and artisans around the globe to the rest of the world via the internet. Shopping their website is a unique experience as you can view information about each artist along with the works they create.  It gives each item a very personal feeling.  In the Keepers Of The Arts section, you can watch videos of the artists at work. I love Novica so much that I could go on and on telling you how wonderful their website is, what great customer service they have and, especially, how talented the artisans are, but it would be much more fun for you to see for yourself.  Before you head over there, though, let me give you a sneak peak of some of the wonderful things you'll discover (and maybe help you find some unique Christmas gifts). Wool...