Saturday, March 14, 2009

A Little Late, But The Bar Is Open


Ok, it's a little late. I meant to post my usual Friday Night Drink Demo last night, but I've been feeling a little under the weather so it has become a Saturday Night Drink Demo. We were looking for a drink where we could use more of the Blue Curacao from last week, but wanted a drink that wouldn't be blue. So here it is; Purple Crush.




For each drink you will need: 2 oz. light rum, 1 oz. blue curacao, 1 oz. coconut rum, 1 oz. grenadine, 4 oz. 7-Up, and ice. Place all ingredients except 7-Up and ice in a cocktail shaker. Shake well. Add 3 ounces of 7-Up and stir gently. Pour into glass filled with ice. Float additional 1 ounce of 7-Up on top. Enjoy!


This makes a very sweet drink. When I say very sweet, I mean very sweet! It has a flavor similar to a grape popsicle. Please enjoy responsibly, no driving or operating heavy machinery, ok?

6 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

Coconut rum, grendine , 7up, it was worth the wait ill saturday. These, I must say again, are my most favorite posts you do, well, the lasagne was awesome also!

Unknown said...

Hubby doesn't drink so we rarely have alcohol (other than beer/wine) in the house. I love rum and coconut rum so I know I would be loving this. And I am so pleased you used 7-Up rather than Sprite. I grew up on 7-Up but where I live it's all about the Sprite. Oh well.

Lissaloo said...

How fun! I love the Purple color :) I need to make a run to liquor store, my list keeps growing :)

Gracey said...

I loved the ingredients, I loved the colour... fantastic idea!

jamieswifey4life said...

Can I just start coming to your house for the open bars? ;P Looks great!

Walk Forrest Walk said...

Forrest needs your help.....Please visit my blog and vote for the next journey Forrest enbarks on. I can't make up my mind. Happy St Patrick's Day....Thank-you "Forrest"