Skip to main content

A Little Late, But The Bar Is Open


Ok, it's a little late. I meant to post my usual Friday Night Drink Demo last night, but I've been feeling a little under the weather so it has become a Saturday Night Drink Demo. We were looking for a drink where we could use more of the Blue Curacao from last week, but wanted a drink that wouldn't be blue. So here it is; Purple Crush.




For each drink you will need: 2 oz. light rum, 1 oz. blue curacao, 1 oz. coconut rum, 1 oz. grenadine, 4 oz. 7-Up, and ice. Place all ingredients except 7-Up and ice in a cocktail shaker. Shake well. Add 3 ounces of 7-Up and stir gently. Pour into glass filled with ice. Float additional 1 ounce of 7-Up on top. Enjoy!


This makes a very sweet drink. When I say very sweet, I mean very sweet! It has a flavor similar to a grape popsicle. Please enjoy responsibly, no driving or operating heavy machinery, ok?

Comments

Donna-FFW said…
Coconut rum, grendine , 7up, it was worth the wait ill saturday. These, I must say again, are my most favorite posts you do, well, the lasagne was awesome also!
Unknown said…
Hubby doesn't drink so we rarely have alcohol (other than beer/wine) in the house. I love rum and coconut rum so I know I would be loving this. And I am so pleased you used 7-Up rather than Sprite. I grew up on 7-Up but where I live it's all about the Sprite. Oh well.
Lissaloo said…
How fun! I love the Purple color :) I need to make a run to liquor store, my list keeps growing :)
Gracey said…
I loved the ingredients, I loved the colour... fantastic idea!
Can I just start coming to your house for the open bars? ;P Looks great!
Forrest needs your help.....Please visit my blog and vote for the next journey Forrest enbarks on. I can't make up my mind. Happy St Patrick's Day....Thank-you "Forrest"

Popular posts from this blog

Bugging Out

Spring is such a wonderful time of year.  The birds have returned and greet each morning with their lovely songs.  The tree branches are covered with green buds ready to burst into life.  The grass has shed it's yellow/brown pallor in favor of a lovely emerald.  The air is warm and breezy.  It's all so lovely except for one thing.  The bugs. Because of our nearly uninhabitable climate during the winter months, we don't see many bugs from late October through early April.  I almost forget how much I hate them until they come back.  And they know I hate them so they taunt me.  Ever since the thermometer hit the 60 degree mark, we've had flies congregating around the back porch.  I can't sit out there and enjoy my morning coffee without having them buzz past me. Now, flies I hate, but spiders I absolutely loathe.  Friday morning I walked into the bathroom to dry my hair and spotted what I thought was a bumble ...

It's Wednesday, Welcome Back To The Cocktail Party!

Welcome to Willoughby's Blog Style Cocktail Party. I hope you will find some new blogs to follow and expand your circle of blog friends. I know you're all anxious to mingle, so I'll get right to it. I'd like to introduce Deidra from Jumping Tandem .  I know you'll enjoy her blog as much as I do. Keeping It Real.... Deidra I'm an East Coast girl living in the midwest because I love my husband (I call him "H" around here) and his work brought us here. We have been blessed with two amazing children (currently in college) and an empty nest that I absolutely love! Don't get me wrong, I love my kids but they're destined to change the world and they can't do that living under my roof (although they're welcome back anytime for love, prayers, support, encouragement, and of course homecooked meals and clean laundry). Did I mention that H is a pastor? So that makes me the pastor's wife - but don't let that blur your vision. H is...

It's Time For A Giveaway!

I am excited to announce that Novica has, once again given me a $50 gift card to award to one lucky winner.  If you're not familiar with Novica , they work in association with National Geographic to bring the work of talented artists and artisans around the globe to the rest of the world via the internet. Shopping their website is a unique experience as you can view information about each artist along with the works they create.  It gives each item a very personal feeling.  In the Keepers Of The Arts section, you can watch videos of the artists at work. I love Novica so much that I could go on and on telling you how wonderful their website is, what great customer service they have and, especially, how talented the artisans are, but it would be much more fun for you to see for yourself.  Before you head over there, though, let me give you a sneak peak of some of the wonderful things you'll discover (and maybe help you find some unique Christmas gifts). Wool...