Saturday, May 23, 2009

I Want My Babyback, Babyback, Babyback....

We had babyback ribs last night, and my husband kept singing that jingle from the "Chili's" commercial. Do remember it? Is it stuck in your head now, too? It's stuck in mine!

There are so many ways to make babyback ribs, and we've probably tried a few dozen of them. This is our favorite. It involves boiling them first and then cooking them in the oven, although you could put them on the grill instead (they are falling apart tender, you might want to use foil or a grill pan). It was threatening rain around here last night, so the oven was best for us. I used to think that boiling the ribs before cooking them would make them tough or tasteless, but neither is true. These cook up tender and delicious every time. And the sauce? It's really, really thick and sticks to the ribs making them absolutely gooey, you must try it. You can find the entire recipe here. It calls for spareribs, which I've made with great success, but we subbed babybacks last night because they were on sale.
We served them with baked red skin potatoes and roasted broccoli. Finger lickin' good! I want my babyback, babyback, babyback......

8 comments:

Katie said...

That potato looks so good, I think I might have to go and make myself one! Have a great holiday weekend!!

Heidi said...

My husband is big on making ribs in the smoker with a dry rub. These look like a great change. I like the fact that you are boiling them first. Have a great holiday weekend :)

Lissaloo said...

It is definitely stuck in my head now! lol, great dinner!! :)

Unknown said...

I made country style ribs the other night FOR THE VERY 1ST TIME! I was so excited as they turned out great! I made "pulled pork" from the leftovers. I'm now on a roll and will have to do babyback ribs now that the flippin' song is in my brain! LOL! Thanks for the cooking tips!

Denise said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. My husband is big on grilling but he never makes ribs, maybe these will change his mind..

Donna-FFW said...

My hubby boils his baby backs before he grills them also. he has a whole procedure for grilling them. I love them and yours looks fabulous!

pve design said...

My little girl asked for ribs the other day, and we had them at friends last night - they were de-lish and yours look might good.
Enjoy the day!
pve

Chicago Mom said...

I have always been afraid to make ribs, but your method sounds fool-proof. Thanks for giving me the courage!