Skip to main content

A Last Wish

A five year old local boy will be celebrating his last Christmas this weekend.  Noah Biorkman is dying of Neuroblastoma and his parents don't think he will make it to Christmas (click here to read the article on MLive).  People all over the world are sending cards to him and you can, too.

Cards can be sent to:

Noah Biorkman
1141 Fountain View Circle
South Lyon, MI 48178

May Noah and his family enjoy a wonderful Christmas together. 

I would like to thank  Rook No. 17 for posting Noah's story.  Even though the Biorkman family live an hour from my home, I hadn't been aware of their story until I read it on her blog.  My daughter and I will be making a card for Noah tomorrow. 

Willoughby


Comments

Holly Lefevre said…
I saw this over there...we are making cards tomorrow. I saw another great idea on someone's elses blog...must find it!

Holly
Purple Flowers said…
A former co-workers daughter died of the same type of cancer at age nine. It is an insidious disease that takes our young ones, and is quite painful. My heart goes out to this young boy and his family.
BashfulToast said…
Wow, that's horrible. I'll help make cards too!
Matty said…
I can't even imagine having to deal with this. I feel for the parents.

"I'm going to heaven," Noah responds. "I'm going to be an angel."

I almost choked.

Thanks for bringing this out.
Thank you for posting his address. I will get a card out to him too.

Enjoy your Sunday! ~Natalie
I've seen this on several blogs now, we're definitely going to be sending out some cards.
Chicago Mom said…
Unfortunately, these kids are way too common. There is one locally that I am aware of named Carter Kettner who has an inoperable brain tumor. All you can do is pray. Thanks for letting us know about Noah - I'll be sending a card too.
Unknown said…
Thank you for posting this. My heart breaks for Noah and his family. I hear a lot of these stories and it's so sad. I pray that soon they will find a caure for this type of cancer.
Jephy's Mom said…
My heart aches for this family. I lost my 11 year old son to cancer in November three years ago. This time of year always brings back lots of very sad memories. It's a terrible time, living each day not knowing when it will happen but knowing that it will happen. On one hand you would like to run away so you never face that terrible day, and on the other you need to be there because you don't want your child dying alone. I remember watching Christmas movies at that time. The warmth and love of Christmas, was a much needed comfort at that time. Faith in God and caring family and friends are what a person needs to get through a time like that. I wish both for Noah and his family.
Raoulysgirl said…
Stop by my blog for an award!!!
Anonymous said…
That is so inspiring.

I hope Noah has a wonderful Xmas with his family too

I'll direct one of my Christmas cards to him

P.S. I just started my blog "Style on a String" and I'd love it if you came by and checked it out :D

http://www.stylestring.com
I've past this on and will send a card myself....my heart hurts for this family.
Gosh...just sitting still with that reality and letting it sink in is really life changing. We could all face similar circumstances...but by God's grace...for this moment...we are not. I will be literally on my knees tonight for this family praying for a wonderful celebration. Holly at LLL
we just made a card this weekend at archiver's - my son and i together. it was so fun and special to do with him and we want to send it to noah. thanks for sharing
Tracie said…
We're going to do the cards together. It is so horrible. I can't think about it without crying.
Jenn Erickson said…
Thank you so much for passing the word along. We're truly blessed to be in a community of such supportive and sharing people.

Popular posts from this blog

Bugging Out

Spring is such a wonderful time of year.  The birds have returned and greet each morning with their lovely songs.  The tree branches are covered with green buds ready to burst into life.  The grass has shed it's yellow/brown pallor in favor of a lovely emerald.  The air is warm and breezy.  It's all so lovely except for one thing.  The bugs. Because of our nearly uninhabitable climate during the winter months, we don't see many bugs from late October through early April.  I almost forget how much I hate them until they come back.  And they know I hate them so they taunt me.  Ever since the thermometer hit the 60 degree mark, we've had flies congregating around the back porch.  I can't sit out there and enjoy my morning coffee without having them buzz past me. Now, flies I hate, but spiders I absolutely loathe.  Friday morning I walked into the bathroom to dry my hair and spotted what I thought was a bumble ...

It's Wednesday, Welcome Back To The Cocktail Party!

Welcome to Willoughby's Blog Style Cocktail Party. I hope you will find some new blogs to follow and expand your circle of blog friends. I know you're all anxious to mingle, so I'll get right to it. I'd like to introduce Deidra from Jumping Tandem .  I know you'll enjoy her blog as much as I do. Keeping It Real.... Deidra I'm an East Coast girl living in the midwest because I love my husband (I call him "H" around here) and his work brought us here. We have been blessed with two amazing children (currently in college) and an empty nest that I absolutely love! Don't get me wrong, I love my kids but they're destined to change the world and they can't do that living under my roof (although they're welcome back anytime for love, prayers, support, encouragement, and of course homecooked meals and clean laundry). Did I mention that H is a pastor? So that makes me the pastor's wife - but don't let that blur your vision. H is...

It's Time For A Giveaway!

I am excited to announce that Novica has, once again given me a $50 gift card to award to one lucky winner.  If you're not familiar with Novica , they work in association with National Geographic to bring the work of talented artists and artisans around the globe to the rest of the world via the internet. Shopping their website is a unique experience as you can view information about each artist along with the works they create.  It gives each item a very personal feeling.  In the Keepers Of The Arts section, you can watch videos of the artists at work. I love Novica so much that I could go on and on telling you how wonderful their website is, what great customer service they have and, especially, how talented the artisans are, but it would be much more fun for you to see for yourself.  Before you head over there, though, let me give you a sneak peak of some of the wonderful things you'll discover (and maybe help you find some unique Christmas gifts). Wool...