Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Oh, September!

I don't know about you, but I find September to be one of the most difficult months of the year.  Most of it has to do with getting in the groove of a new school schedule after three months of summer slacking, but it has a lot to do with the changing weather, too.  It's a month of many transitions.

Last year, our school district decided to push the start time of the elementary school and middle school up by an hour.  I really hated it because school also got out an hour later.  Too late, in my opinion.  On a more positive note, my daughter had an extra hour to get ready in the morning and there was less traffic for our drive to school.  This year, we're back to the original start time.  I prefer it, but mornings are rushed and the traffic is so much worse.

I'm also making a transition with a new SUV.  It's used, actually, but it's new to me and I'm still figuring out where everything is and how it all works.  One day last week, on the way home from driving my daughter to school, I pushed the wrong button on the radio and couldn't find my preset radio stations.  I didn't want to take my eyes off the road for long, so I was stuck listening to this:



"Stuck" may not be technically accurate since I turned it up and sang along.....  The next day, when it was raining, it was less fun to realize that I didn't know where the control for the rear window wiper was.  I know how stupid that sounds, but it's in a different location than it was in my last SUV.

September weather has been quite a transition this year, too.  Early in the month, it was warm enough that we were still able to swim in our pool.  Since then, the temperature has gone up and down considerably.  One day I have the windows open, the next I have the heat on in the morning and the air conditioning on in the afternoon.  The humidity has also been a joy.  This morning, it was 67 degrees with 95% humidity.  Every horizontal and semi-horizontal surface outside was covered with moisture.  It took forever to defog the windshield (once I found the correct button).

Oh, September, is there any way I could bribe you to bring back August?



Willoughby

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I know just what you mean, dear friend. I'm, too, trying to find that balance again as weather and schedules are changing. And don't be too hard on yourself. I can't find the proper controls on my hubby's Prius. Especially when changing the radio. I honestly do not know how...not that I ever took the time to learn. :o)

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Sounds like our Ozark weather. I've seen it 90's one mornin' then a cold front move in and the temp plummets to freezin' before it's dark. Ya just never know.

I need to close my pool before I end up doin' it in the cold as I usually do. I always think there's gonna be one more good swim day!

Girl...there ain't nothin' wrong with a little Tom Jones! :o)

You have yourself a marvelous blessed day sweetie!!!

Bill Lisleman said...

Oh you were driving that SUV I was cursing.
Funny being stuck listening to Tom Jones like you were in an elevator.
I actually like September and would trade it for January anytime.

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

hello my friend...happy to see you at farmhouse kitchen and happy to stop by.... it's hard to see summer go.....

kary and teddy
xx

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

happy Fall, my friend

kary and teddy
xx

Jenny said...

I wish they would make school later...kids do so much better on extra sleep.

I'm just the other way...I wish I could bribe September until the end of October...then our weather would be finally below triple digits!

voip services said...

You have yourself a marvelous blessed day sweetie!!!