Thursday, February 27, 2014

Cabin Fever

Being indoors all the time is starting to drive me crazy.  Today is sunny and the sky is clear blue, but I can't get out and enjoy it because it's wicked cold outside.  The wind chill bottomed out somewhere around -16 degrees this afternoon.  It snowed for a short time, but instead of coming straight down, the wind whipped it into a horizontal blizzard.

All day long I've felt overdue for a nap.  Sure, there are things I could do to keep myself busy.  I've got a few loads of laundry waiting for me and those tax returns aren't going to do themselves, but I don't have the energy or the focus to deal with either one of them.

Yesterday, we got an advertising circular from a local home improvement store.  The front page was filled with paving blocks, landscaping timbers, planters and hose reels.  Everything about it screamed spring.  It made me feel hopeful and sad at the same time.  Hopeful that spring is coming, sad that we still have five feet of snow in the front yard and nearly as much in the back.

I was working on a custom order for our shop the other day and I needed to find a particular picture to create a mock up.  Going through my files, I got sidetracked looking at pictures I took last spring and summer.  Flowers we grew, day trips we took, our pool and hot tub, summer sunsets.  All the things I've been missing so much during this long, long, long winter.






If spring flowers, road trips, an open pool and summer sunsets don't get here soon, I'll lose my mind!

All work and no play makes Willoughby a dull girl, all work and no play makes Willoughby a dull girl, all work and no play makes Willoughby a dull girl, all work and no play makes Willoughby a dull girl, all work and no play makes Willoughby a dull girl, all work and no play makes Willoughby a dull girl, all work and no play makes Willoughby a dull girl, all work and no play makes Willoughby a dull girl, all work and no play makes Willoughby a dull girl.....



Willoughby


You can now follow me through Bloglovin.

4 comments:

Purple Flowers said...

Willoughby: I hope the weather changes soon. I don't think our snow will be melting anytime before April. I've been baking a lot and filling up photo albums with photos I found hanging around in envelopes. Fun things to do to fill up days of feeling not so good. Do your taxes; you'll feel better. And keep looking at those gorgeous photos you posted above. I love love love your pool. Take Care. Kathleen

Betty Manousos said...

hi my sweet and wonderful friend, i was going to say exactly what purple flowers said. and i love your pool! gorgeous photos you shared.

have a good weekend and stay warm!

Attila the Mom said...

Those pictures are lovely!

Bill Lisleman said...

"loads of laundry waiting for me and those tax returns " sounds like money laundering.