Skip to main content

There's still time for a personalized gift

There are only a few days left until Christmas, but there is still time to create a personalized gift. Here are a few suggestions:

Personalized Candle


If you're giving a jar candle as a gift, you can make it extra special by personalizing it. All you need is any jar candle and an adhesive label or sticker paper (you can also use glossy photo paper and glue).

Remove the label that is already on the candle. If it doesn't peel off easily, you can use a blow dryer to soften the adhesive or, if it's really stubborn, use some goo gone. Clean off any remaining traces of adhesive with some alcohol or a little warm soapy water (rinse afterward).

After that, you can use any software you have to create a personalized label. Print a special message, a favorite quote or even a photo, cut to size and affix to the jar. Even an inexpensive candle will be a cherished gift.


Personalized Pillow




If you have an electronic cutting machine (Cricut, Silhouette, etc.) or know someone who does, you can create a special message or design to cut from heat transfer vinyl and personalize plain pillow cases/covers. You don't need the special Cricut heat press, a standard clothing iron works as well, just follow the instructions that come with the vinyl. I've shown black vinyl in these examples, but Michaels and Amazon carry lots of other colors. Use any software (or a website like Canva) to create your design, cut it out and iron it on.


Personalized T-Shirt



You can do this with a cutting machine and heat transfer vinyl or iron on transfer paper. Once again, use whatever software you have or a website like Canva to create your design. Then follow the instructions of the vinyl or transfer paper you have.

Happy creating!

Willoughby



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bugging Out

Spring is such a wonderful time of year.  The birds have returned and greet each morning with their lovely songs.  The tree branches are covered with green buds ready to burst into life.  The grass has shed it's yellow/brown pallor in favor of a lovely emerald.  The air is warm and breezy.  It's all so lovely except for one thing.  The bugs. Because of our nearly uninhabitable climate during the winter months, we don't see many bugs from late October through early April.  I almost forget how much I hate them until they come back.  And they know I hate them so they taunt me.  Ever since the thermometer hit the 60 degree mark, we've had flies congregating around the back porch.  I can't sit out there and enjoy my morning coffee without having them buzz past me. Now, flies I hate, but spiders I absolutely loathe.  Friday morning I walked into the bathroom to dry my hair and spotted what I thought was a bumble ...

It's Wednesday, Welcome Back To The Cocktail Party!

Welcome to Willoughby's Blog Style Cocktail Party. I hope you will find some new blogs to follow and expand your circle of blog friends. I know you're all anxious to mingle, so I'll get right to it. I'd like to introduce Deidra from Jumping Tandem .  I know you'll enjoy her blog as much as I do. Keeping It Real.... Deidra I'm an East Coast girl living in the midwest because I love my husband (I call him "H" around here) and his work brought us here. We have been blessed with two amazing children (currently in college) and an empty nest that I absolutely love! Don't get me wrong, I love my kids but they're destined to change the world and they can't do that living under my roof (although they're welcome back anytime for love, prayers, support, encouragement, and of course homecooked meals and clean laundry). Did I mention that H is a pastor? So that makes me the pastor's wife - but don't let that blur your vision. H is...

It's Time For A Giveaway!

I am excited to announce that Novica has, once again given me a $50 gift card to award to one lucky winner.  If you're not familiar with Novica , they work in association with National Geographic to bring the work of talented artists and artisans around the globe to the rest of the world via the internet. Shopping their website is a unique experience as you can view information about each artist along with the works they create.  It gives each item a very personal feeling.  In the Keepers Of The Arts section, you can watch videos of the artists at work. I love Novica so much that I could go on and on telling you how wonderful their website is, what great customer service they have and, especially, how talented the artisans are, but it would be much more fun for you to see for yourself.  Before you head over there, though, let me give you a sneak peak of some of the wonderful things you'll discover (and maybe help you find some unique Christmas gifts). Wool...