Kathy and Seashell from Two Hands Full Of Daisies gave me the following award:
Thank you very much! I'm so flattered that you would pass this award on to me!
Here are the rules:
List 10 things that make you happy. (try to do one of those things TODAY!)
Tag 10 bloggers that brighten your day.
Make sure to link back to the person that tagged you!
Ten things that make me happy:
- My family
- The end of winter (if it ever ends)
- Reading and writing blogs
- Music (see my player at the bottom of the page for some of my favorites)
- Survivor and pizza on Thursday nights
- The ocean
- Family road trips and vacations
- Watching a good movie
- Reading a good book
- My Farmhouse Kitchen
- Conquer The Monkey
- Better Than Cured
- Cut and Dry
- Magical Places On Tuscany's Coast
- Matty's Thoughts
- Peeling An Orange With A Screwdriver
- Running With Letters
- Stir-Fry Awesomeness
NOTE: While I was copying and pasting links, I realised that I didn't have some of my bestest blog buddies on my blogroll. I can't believe I overlooked that! If you are a follower and you aren't listed on my blogroll, please bring it to my attention. Also, if you're a new follower and I haven't dropped by your blog to say "Hi", please tell me! I try to stay on top of these things, but I do occassionally miss something. Don't be shy, leave me a comment or send me an email and let me know!
Also, I'm having some major computer issues. It seems that I need to click on buttons multiple times before my computer recognizes them. If I've left the same comment on your blog two or three times in a row, that's why! If anyone can recommend a good virus scanning program, I'd appreciate it (I have McAfee). I'm not sure I have a computer virus, but something is certainly wrong.
Have you ever had one of those moments when you wish you could suck the words right back into your mouth? Maybe you said something you wish you hadn't, or something you said was misunderstood. I've done it more times than I like to remember. Here are a few things I wish I hadn't said.
- At a company potluck luncheon, I warned a coworker not to eat the brownies. I told her that I had seen other people spit them out. That was when she told me that she had brought them. It was a family recipe.
- I was looking at a stack of sales brochures a friend had picked up when she was shopping for a new car. I commented that one particular car was really ugly. It was, of course, the car she had just ordered.
- My boss and coworkers surprised me on my birthday with a cake that one of the women in our office had made. Just before it was removed from the box, I said "I hope it doesn't have anything green on it" (my birthday is the day after St. Patrick's day). It ended up being covered in green plastic shamrocks. The paper plates and napkins for the cake were also covered in shamrocks.
- A friend of mine was taking me on a tour of the house she and her husband had just bought. She told me they wanted to do a lot of painting because the previous homeowners had made some terrible color choices. When she showed me the bathroom, I told her I would paint that room first because it looked so bad. It turns out that the bathroom was the only room they had already repainted.