Thursday, April 16, 2009

Bits and Pieces

I just wanted to take a few minutes to talk about yesterday's posts.

On yesterday's "Anger Management" post - It came as quite a surprise to find that I am not the only one who has stopped visiting the Recipe Exchange. I don't know why, but I assumed that I was the only one stumbling upon the nasty comments, negative posts and condescending tone. It's a shame, because I used to look forward to logging in and catching up with other members, but for now, I have no desire to go back. I do still use the site to find recipes, but that's all.

On yesterday's "Fun Kid Friendly Project" - Thank you to all of you who left such nice comments, it truly made my daughter's day to read them. She had so much fun and was so proud of her work, she loved hearing that others liked it, too. Polly, your comment made me laugh out loud! You're right, I've never seen an employee who looked like that in a pet shop!!

I do encourage you to try this project with your kids and post it on your blog, even if you don't use Barbie dolls. The webkinz idea was great (thanks, Polly!). We were also thinking about making a story using fruits and vegetables. Anything goes, really, even letting the kids act out a story and photographing it. Sharing the creative process was so much fun, and posting it on my blog pleased my daughter to no end. You can't ask for more than that.

Have a great day, everyone!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

2 comments:
First - Barbie always overdresses! Your daughter did a great job and I am pleased you shared her story.
Second - I, too, have been disillusioned with AR. I used to post alot and enjoyed the cyber relationships that developed. we could be irreverent and nobody cared. Now you can't sneeze without someone becoming offended and tattling on you. The tone has become decidedly nasty. I now only go on to participate in our daily GNAT thread.

thamesarino said...

I didn't realize that no one(from blogland anyway) was going anymore either..until your post. sad... bu tthe recipes are still a plenty!
you project was so cute... love that you daughter enjoyed posting it...another future blogger? : )

Lissaloo said...

AR is still one of my favorites recipe sites, & I will still be searching it for recipes :) I will definitely be doing that with my girls, they thought it was so cute :) They want to make one with their pet shop pets.

Lissaloo said...

Thanks for passing on your tip for the cookie/ice cream treat. The microwave would be a lot easy than warming up the oven for one little treat :)

jamieswifey4life said...

I too have quit going to the exchange much anymore. It's completely different over there than it was a year ago. Sad, cause like you all I really looked forward to being there and catching up. Your daughters project is great! I think I'll have to try that with my daughter. Thanks so much for the idea!