- When I was in middle school, I signed up for intramural racquetball. A bus took the group of us from school to the indoor racquetball club which was a few miles away. Some of the kids were really excited when we got there, oohing and ahhing, but I was trying to be cool so I headed for the stairs to the locker rooms. In the uncoolest way possible, I caught my foot on the top step and slid all the way down the stairs on my knees.
- I was sending away for some free offers I had found in a magazine. Each request required you send a self addressed, stamped envelope. I got distracted while I was putting the requests together and didn't notice that I had put them together backward. I put the envelopes addressed to the companies inside the envelopes addressed to me. A few days later, all of my self addressed envelopes came back to me with the requests still inside. Exactly as I had mailed them!
- I was on Facebook this afternoon (I'm still learning how to use it) when I noticed a picture of someone my husband works with listed as someone I might want to add to my friends list. My Facebook page is for my blog so it doesn't have my name attached to it anywhere and I couldn't figure out how it had connected this man with me. I thought Facebook was psychic until I remembered that I had searched for friends by using the listings in my email address book.
- While walking into work one day, a gust of wind made a mess of my hair. A coworker told me she had some hairspray in her office if I would like to borrow it. I got it out of her desk and used it to tame my windblown hair. It seemed very wet and didn't do much to hold my hair in place. When I took a closer look at the bottle I noticed I had sprayed my hair, not with her hairspray, but her lens cleaner.
- Someone had brought some delicious looking bagels to a potluck brunch, so I decided to have a cinnamon raisin bagel with strawberry cream cheese. It tasted so bad that I was certain the strawberry cream cheese was spoiled. I went back to the table to look at the container and realised my mistake. I had assumed it was strawberry flavored because it was pink, but it was actually salmon flavored. Trust me when I tell you that fish, cinnamon and raisins is not a good combination.
It's Friday so I'll be back later to open the bar. Hope to see you then!