Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Welcome Back To The Cocktail Party!

Welcome to Willoughby's Blog Style Cocktail Party. I hope you will find some new blogs to follow and expand your circle of blog friends. I know you're all anxious to mingle, so I'll get right to it.

I'd like to introduce Polly from the blog The 5th Sister. I know you'll enjoy her blog as much as I do.




About Me


5thsister

2nd driveway past the 2nd speed bump, In the deep south, United States
I am many things: A devout Catholic, a devoted wife, a home schooling mom, a Respiratory Therapist, an artist "wannabe", an amateur runner, a major foodie, a wine enthusiast, a transplanted mid-westerner, and a Carolina Panther fan. My life is an open book...you're welcome to come sit a spell and read a page or two.





Willoughby! Thank you so much for inviting me to your cocktail party. I brought a bowl of my famous Easy Greek Cucumber Yogurt Sauce for those pita chips you are serving along with a jar of my Signature Spice Blend as a hostess gift.

Oh, hello! And you are? It's really a great pleasure to meet you.

Me? Please forgive me, where are my manners today? My name is Polly, aka The 5th Sister. Why "The 5th Sister" you ask? It's simple, really: I am the 5th of 5 girls. My oldest sister is 14 years older, so in effect I have 4 surrogate mothers in addition to the woman I call Mom.

Yes, there is a Mr. Sister. We've been married for over 18 years. We have 2 "little" Sisters. My oldest is 14, a lovely young lady named Bethany who has a penchant for song. My youngest just turned 11 and is a sweet, sensitive son who has had a rough start in life but is now thriving. He is nicknamed Munchie Boy.

Do I work outside the home? Yes, I do. I am a Registered Respiratory Therapist working part time. I love my job, the people I work with and the patients whom I treat. Although the hospital I work at is a small community hospital, it is also a state of the art facility able to handle high acuity patients so there is never a dull moment. In addition to working outside the home I also have plenty of important work I do within the home. One such duty is home schooling my son. We're doing K12's 5th grade curriculum this year and the more I am becoming accustomed to it, the more I happen to like it. I home schooled my daughter until just this year. You see, she won a spot, through a lottery, in a local charter school. We believe this particular school, that provides honors classes and a daily theater class, was in Bethany's best interest, especially as she begins her freshman year of high school. She's lobbying to come back to home schooling, however, on a daily basis, but we have agreed to wait out the year before any final decisions are made.

Excuse me for a moment. Willoughby? May I have a refill on my Mixed Berry Margarita, please? Delightfully delicious as always. Thank you very much!

Now where were we? Oh yes. In addition to working, home schooling, keeping house, carpooling etc. I also write a little blog aptly named The 5th Sister. It's a hodgepodge of my ramblings and musings of everyday life for this Catholic convert, devoted wife and mother. You never know what topic I may be rambling about or what recipe I may want to share. Bethany sometimes allows me to share her song stylings and occasionally, if your lucky, Mr. Sister will guest blog and treat you to a tiny glimpse of his high tech world. I think of my blog, really, as more of an on-line journal of my journey through life. My life is an open book should you care to take a peek.

Oh I know we'll become fast friends. Please feel free to come by for a visit and a cup of tea. You can find me at the end of the 2nd drive past the 2nd speed bump in the heart of the South!





Thank you Polly for being a guest on my blog and for bringing dip and a hostess gift!

The cocktail party will continue on Thursday with a new guest blogger. It's not too late to RSVP if you haven't already. You can send your submission to me at thisstopwilloughby@yahoo.com. I would appreciate it if you could send me your post in html format. If you are submitting a new post, create it on Blogger as you would any post. Save, but don't publish it. From there you can click "edit html" and copy and paste your blog into the body of an email. If you are submitting a previously published post, go into "edit" and follow the same instructions. This makes it much easier for me to display your blog post the way you have written it and saves me a lot of editing. If you have any questions, feel free to email me.

13 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

Love your new look ... it looks wonderful. Hello, Polly, nice to meet you. You are just lovely. WE have lots in common:)

Purple Flowers said...

Polly - I love your name! And your post as Visitor was just as friendly as can be. You gave a peek into your wonderful world, and I thank you.

Willoughby - I like your new banner, and blog design - very nice!

Tracie said...

Nice to meet you Polly. I have seen your name around the blogosphere quite a bit. I like your style.

Lissaloo said...

Hi Polly, great intro! I have been enjoying your blog for quite awhile now, Thanks for all you share! Willoughby- as always the party is perfect :) Can U tell PH Chick her blog isn't feeding still? And when I click on her link it's tells me there is no blog. Thanks!

Life Laugh Latte said...

Love 5th Sister. Have been following her for a couple of weeks. Like the pictures and the dialogue. Adorable! You are so sweet to host this cocktail party. Have a great day. Holly at lifelaughlatte.blogspot.com

Raoulysgirl said...

What a great "guest spot" Polly! Although already a "faithful follower," I am still in awe of your class and hospitality! What an awesome idea, Willoughby!

Unknown said...

LOL! My shirt matches your background perfectly! Thanks for all you comments here and over at my place. This was really fun to do and I can't wait to see what others bring to the cocktail party. And thank you, Willoughby, for being such a gracious hostess!

Joanna Jenkins said...

Hi Polly, Nice to meet you. I'm off to check out your blog.

And thanks Willoughby, it's a great party!

xo

L.B. said...

Polly's blog is always a great read. Nice party spot too :)

Holly Lefevre said...

What a great guest blog! I am alreayd acquainted with 5th sister, but this is really cute.
Holly @ 504 Main

Jenn Erickson said...

I loved Polly's take on being a cocktail party guest ~ the hostess gift et al, LOL! Love you gals!

Jenn @ rookno17.blogspot.com

SPEAKING FROM THE CRIB said...

i am a follower of 5th sister - great pick!

Unknown said...

Polly it's so nice to meet you!
I am so happy the cocktail party is working out well and going strong! I just love this idea!