Thursday, September 17, 2009

Some Things To Ponder

On a road near my house, there is a speed limit sign that says "35 mph ends" . Why don't they post a sign telling you what the speed limit is instead of what it isn't?

Every local radio station has a morning show with two or more people making witty banter and taking calls from listeners. Why do they assume everyone prefers humor to music in the morning?

Socks are often packaged by sock size. Why are sock sizes and shoe sizes different? If you've ever bought socks for your children you know how frustrating this can be!

Why are clothing sizes and underwear sizes different?

All diet product advertisements have this disclaimer in tiny writing at the bottom of the screen "Results Not Typical". What would the advertisements look like if they showed typical results?

If my local supermarket is open 24 hours a day, why don't they stock the shelves at 3:00 am when the store is empty instead of at 5:00 pm when it's jammed with shoppers?

Why are the horizontal surfaces in kitchens called counter tops?

If a word begins with the letters "re" it usually means to repeat an action, such as reconfigure (to configure again, or change the shape) and refurbish (to furbish again, or renovate). If that is the case, can you frigerate something before you refrigerate it?

Why do people always say "I hate to tell other people what to do..." just before telling you what to do?

If I'm in a hurry to get someplace, there is always a ton of slow moving traffic. If I don't have a schedule to keep, there don't seem to be very many cars on the road and I get to my destination twice as fast as planned. Why is that?

7 comments:

Tattoos and Teething Rings said...

Haha, I love stuff like this! My "favorite" is when someone says "With all due respect" and then continues on to be -shocker!- quite rude. Also, why are hot dogs and hot dog buns packaged in different amounts?

Purple Flowers said...

Very true and funny! :)

L.B. said...

Funny stuff! Mrs. LB and I were just having the same talk about morning radio shows the other day!

Lissaloo said...

lol, good ones :) We just "re"bought sock for my daughter for the very reason! I mean come on! Can't they make our lives a little easier? :)

Chicago Mom said...

That last one is pure Murphy's Law my dear - and it happens ALL the time to me too!

One of my favorite 'things to ponder' is when I see a picture of someone else who is the same age as me, yet I think they look WAY older. I always think "do I look that old too"? haha!

Unknown said...

These are great! Too funny! When I used to commute by car to work, it used to annoy me that I couldn't find any decent music to listen to in the mornings. It was always chit-chat and funny gags on the major radio stations. If you didn't like what they were talking about or find their jokes and gags funny it was too bad!

Maybe if the speed limit has ended it means there no longer is a limit?!

~ Amy

Katie said...

Amen on the radio station part. The thing that gets to me the most is when you change the station so that you can hear some music and they to are talking about stuff you could care less about. Whatever happened to just playing music??