Welcome to Willoughby's Coffee House. We serve coffee every morning, but today we have cappuccino with foam. Can I get you one? Yes, you're right, it is rich and delicious. You say you'd like to know my secret? Okay, I'll share it with you, but it's so incredibly simple that you have to promise not to laugh. Instead of cream or milk, I use.....
.....melted ice cream. Yes, you heard me correctly, I use melted ice cream. Why, you ask? Because it's rich and delicious and because it comes in so many flavors, including fat free and sugar free varieties. You can make a cappuccino in almost any flavor you like. The cappuccino pictured above was made with melted vanilla fudge swirl ice cream.
Here is what you do. First of all, make a pot of your favorite coffee. While it is brewing, select your ice cream flavor of choice and place several scoops in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for approximately one minute, or until melted and foamy. Pour melted ice cream into a cream pitcher. We will henceforth refer to this as "cream".
Pour brewed coffee into cup or mug. Add sugar and "cream" to taste and stir to combine. Float a small layer of foam from the "cream" on top. That's all there is to it. If you have leftover "cream", you can store it in the refrigerator, but you should reheat it before use so that a layer of foam develops.
I received two awards from two of my wonderful blog friends. From Purple Hoodie Chick I received the Honest Scrap Award. The terms for accepting this award are that I must pass it on to 7 bloggers and list ten honest things about myself.
I'm going to be a big fat cheater, here, and give this award to all of my blog friends. If you read my blog, I'm sharing this award with YOU! Please feel free to post it on your blog and share it with your readers.
I can't imagine that there are ten honest things about me that you don't already know or would be interested in, but here is my list.
- I am right handed.
- I'm an impatient driver. I hate to sit and wait in traffic.
- I have a collection of old children's mystery books. They're packed away in a box, but I hope to display them in the built-in bookcases we've been planning to build in the office.
- My favorite color is purple.
- I learned to play chess three years ago, but I still haven't won a game.
- I have a huge collection of cookbooks, but I get most of my recipes online.
- I have a terrible sense of direction. If we're lost and I think we should turn right, we should probably turn left.
- I love perfume. I wear it every day, even if I'm not going to leave the house.
- Some women love window shopping at the mall. I prefer browsing through flea markets, antique shops and home improvement stores. I like clothes, but I get more excited about things for my house.
- I got sick on a corn dog at the fair when I was nine. I haven't been able to eat one since. I can't even stand the smell of them.
I'm sorry, but I just can't do that! I love all my bloggy friends! They are all Beautiful, Informative, Neighborly, Gorgeous and Outstanding! So this is for all of you. I would love for you to post it on your blogs. I only ask one thing of you, take a look at my blog list on the right hand side of the page. If you see a blog you don't already follow, check it out. If you like it, become a follower. Share the love!